Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 QS to Savor One?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 QS to Savor One?

Is this a possible upgrade or will I have to apply for a new line? Also, is there a minimum requirement for the amount of time the account has been open to PC?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Cap1 QS to Savor One?

You can PC after a month of opening. I haven't seen the savor being offered as a pc option, but you can do it. When you call in and there's an upgrade available, Just ask if you can go to savor. Plenty of people have done it.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a bunch, still a bit new at this. I was also wondering if it is possible to do more than one upgrade per account. I already upgraded from a platinum and switched my QS1 CL over and closed that account to avoid an AF that was coming up (that was back on July 2nd). Now I am looking into the savor because I use my Amex PRG for almost everything else now and I feel that I eat out enough to justify having that instead of the QS. I would like to keep a Cap1 card around that would get more use as they have been good to me.

Message 3 of 13
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I believe you can, I could have sworn seeing someone upgrade a card twice. They upgraded, but didn't like the rewards and changed it again. Only thing was they had to wait 6 month's for an upgrade to become available again. Since your upgraded card was actually closed, I don't think it would be an issue you have to worry about.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The upgraded card is actually the QS that came from the Plat, I closed the QS1 which was never upgraded(they wouldn't let me even though it was open for almost 8 mos. longer than the Plat). I can't seem to find a button on the site to check upgrade eligibility via the portal and I tried a link found elsewhere on here and the message returned said the offer had expired. I wonder if that happened because I haven't waited the 6 months you mentioned.

Message 5 of 13
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

The QS1 is notoriously hard to pc. I haven't been able for mine in 3 years. The theory is there wasn't an af card to change to except the Venture. Now that the savor1 exists, I wonder If that will change. Anyways, that's exactly why you're getting that message. Its similar to the "there's been a recent change" message you get when you don't wait 6 months for a CLI.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's crazy to me because I'm almost certain they have a lot of account closures due to the inability to pc those cards. I would've happily kept that one if they would've let me upgrade it and probablty would have kept the other one as a qs too but now I just have the one account with them. Hopefully they'll let me change it in January/ February. I will retry when I get closer to that 6 month point. Would you recommend trying that link again or just calling in and speaking to someone?

Message 7 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I believe you can, I could have sworn seeing someone upgrade a card twice. They upgraded, but didn't like the rewards and changed it again. Only thing was they had to wait 6 month's for an upgrade to become available again. Since your upgraded card was actually closed, I don't think it would be an issue you have to worry about.

+1

You can only PC the same card every six months, or at least that's what I was told during my last PC.

I Changed my QS to a Venture One back in January (to see if it would prompt an upgrade to WMC... it didn't) then I PC'ed that same card again in July to Savor.

For PCs to Savor or Savor One you'll have to call; unless something has very recently changed you can't change to a Savor via any of the online links.  On the plus side, I found the call to be rather painless.  Smiley Happy

Helpful hint:  Often the phone/chat reps use the terms Venture and Venture One interchangeably, which they shouldn't because they are different products and one has a fee (and the other doesn't). 

Since the new Savor One is now out, if you are interested in either Savor or Savor One make sure they understand which you are talking about.  If you want the Savor One, you might clarify that you want "the one without the annual fee".  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 13
jayjayhawaii
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The upgraded card is actually the QS that came from the Plat, I closed the QS1 which was never upgraded(they wouldn't let me even though it was open for almost 8 mos. longer than the Plat). I can't seem to find a button on the site to check upgrade eligibility via the portal and I tried a link found elsewhere on here and the message returned said the offer had expired. I wonder if that happened because I haven't waited the 6 months you mentioned.

I just PC'd my Plat to QS last month. There was never an upgrade option on the website or app. I asked the live chat folks. They told me I could, and told me to go on the website under 'offers.' Still nothing. They ended up doing it for me over chat.

Current FICO8:

2017: $200 secured card | 2023: $200,000+ total credit line
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP—I cannot tell you what Cap 1 requirements are other than having your current card be in good standing. I did PC my QS to a Savor (not Savor One) a couple of months ago just before the announcement of the new Savor reward structure. That being the case, and the Savor One being essentially the same product I PC’d to at that time, I’d say you can. At the time my QS was about 14 months old. Good luck!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.