Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 QS to dining rewards PC?

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Cap1 QS to dining rewards PC?

I got a QS card very recently and I've satisfied the bonus requirement.  Since I also have a Citi DC card, I don't really have much use for the QS anymore, despite it being a great product.  Of all my credit card banks, I really appreciate Cap1's user friendliness.

I think I might be able to make use of it going forward, however, if I could convert it to a Dining Rewards card.  My QS is already a WEMC so I would think it would be a lateral move rather than an upgrade.  Even with the 10% on restaurants I'm getting with my Amex BCE (for now), the C1 PDR includes more in their 3% category like bars and nightclubs which wouldn't qualify on the Amex.

I currently have an outstanding balance on the QS which I intend to PIF in a few days.  Should I wait until after that before calling or does it matter?

I've never requested anything like this before, so I'm not really sure how to go about it or what my chances of success might be.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 QS to dining rewards PC?

Capital One has not allowed any PCs to the Dining card since it launched.  Has that changed?

Message 2 of 10
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

I know I have tried to call multiple times (last time was about a month ago, so I can't confirm if things have changed recently), but every time I call, they say PC to the dining card is not an option "yet"... They ALWAYS say yet, but nobody knows when it'll be an option.

They always tell me it is going to be an option in the future, they just don't know when.

I'm in the same boat as you. I want to PC my QS to the dining card soooooo bad!!

If anyone else knows if you can PC now, please update the thread.

Cheers!
AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
Message 3 of 10
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@happypill wrote:

Capital One has not allowed any PCs to the Dining card since it launched.  Has that changed?

One person reported in the big long CapOne PC thread that he had an offer for the dining card. That's the only report I've seen here.

Message 4 of 10
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

Good to know, I must have missed that post in that long thread
AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

Message 5 of 10
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

I went ahead and called and got us another data point.

No luck.  She said because both my WEMC QS and the PDR are such new products, there are no PC offers available for them.  She made it sound like PCs are only done if offered and not on demand.  She suggested applying for a new PDR if I wanted one, which I declined to do since I just got the QS and knew my chances were slim to none.

I guess this card will just sit in the SD for now.

Message 6 of 10
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

@MrDisco, your chances at getting the PDR right now are actually 0% unless you opened the QS more than 6 months ago.

Cap1 only allows 1 new card with them every 6 months

Cheers!
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

Message 7 of 10
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@Cashbackjunky wrote:
@MrDisco, your chances at getting the PDR right now are actually 0% unless you opened the QS more than 6 months ago.

Cap1 only allows 1 new card with them every 6 months

Cheers!

Yeah I'd heard that before which is why I knew not to go for it.

I guess I could apply for one when my QS makes it to 6 months.  Even then, I'd hate to waste a triple HP on a new card when I already have a Cap1 card sitting unused, waiting to be converted.

Message 8 of 10
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

I'm in the exact same boat as you... I'm going to wait it out and PC to the dining card when I can.

Cheers!
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it me or does It seems like most other lenders like Chase, Amex, etc product changes on demand at will  whenever you request it. For cap1 it's always a "if your eligible" or " offers". ?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.