Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 QS1 to WM

tag
hrdsurfer
New Contributor

Cap1 QS1 to WM

Hey, long story short i ruined my credit and cap1 gave me a QS1 with a 2100 limit. I got an email that they;re shipping me a new card, and after speaking to a CSR, they told me it was a WM. Is there anychance of a CLI that comes with the new card, or is it just a pretty package? 

Bk7 2019 current: Interior FCU 25K SL, Venture x 15k SL, bread cb 9k, Amazon store card 7k mercury 4.5k, c1 plat. 4k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 QS1 to WM

I have a World Elite Mastercard from Citibank which I understand is a minimum $5,000 CL. As for the World Mastercard, I do not believe there is a minimum CL associated with it. I would call Cap1 and ask.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Medic981 wrote:

I have a World Elite Mastercard from Citibank which I understand is a minimum $5,000 CL. As for the World Mastercard, I do not believe there is a minimum CL associated with it. I would call Cap1 and ask.

Yes, no harm in calling and asking.   I see no reason why they couldn't give you this info, if available. 

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 6
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@hrdsurfer, I woudn't expect a CLI.

@Medic981, 5k has historically been the minimum credit limit on World Mastercards, World Elite Mastercards, and Visa Signature cards. But we're seeing more and more exceptions. In particular, all Chase Amazon cards are Visa Signature cards. And many Capital One cards have become World or World Elite with limits less than 5k.

Message 4 of 6
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@hrdsurfer, I woudn't expect a CLI.

@Medic981, 5k has historically been the minimum credit limit on World Mastercards, World Elite Mastercards, and Visa Signature cards. But we're seeing more and more exceptions. In particular, all Chase Amazon cards are Visa Signature cards. And many Capital One cards have become World or World Elite with limits less than 5k.

@HeavenOhio, thanks, good information to know for the future.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 5 of 6
hrdsurfer
New Contributor

thanks for the info everyone. I called cap1 and they told me that there was no assciated CLI 

Bk7 2019 current: Interior FCU 25K SL, Venture x 15k SL, bread cb 9k, Amazon store card 7k mercury 4.5k, c1 plat. 4k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.