Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Rewards Change Success

tag
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

Cap1 Rewards Change Success

It started back  in February when I contacted Cap1's EO to get rewards added to my account, as well as a CLI. I had a regular platinum card with no rewards and I've had the same limit since opening my account back in 2007. I got a call the following day informing me that they've added miles to my account (1 mile per dollar) and they've raised my limit from $1,250 to $3,000. A month later, I contacted Cap1's regular customer service to see if I could convert my card to their VentureOne card (no AF, 1.25 miles per dollar). To my surprise, they said I had the offer available on my account, so I took it.

After hearing about their new Quicksilver card this past week, I decided to contact the EO again to see if I can convert my VentureOne to their new Quicksilver cash back card. After hanging up on the phone, I immediately checked my account online and I see that they've already converted my miles to cash. I had 2,019 miles and they converted it to $20.19. I am now earning 1.5% on every purchase with my VentureOne card.

So, in a 5 month span, I went from a platinum no rewards card to earning 1 mile per dollar, then to the VentureOne card with 1.25 miles per dollar, and now, a VentureOne card with 1.5% cash back. They may not be able to PC your account, but they can certainly change the rewards structure. Just wanted to share my experience for those who are trying or are interested in doing a similar thing. Now I finally have a reason to put my Cap1 card back in my wallet.

Also a side note: I inquired about getting another CLI, but the EO rep told me that they are implementing a new policy. She told me that now, customer initiated CLIs are every 6 months from your last CLI request. I'm not sure if this was always the case or if it truly is a new policy, but I thought I'd throw it out there for those who are looking into getting a CLI if you've already had one for the past 6 months.

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Cap1 Rewards Change Success

Message 2 of 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Cap1 Rewards Change Success

Congrats nice job of not giving up

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.