cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 SavorOne "Pre-approved" in CreditWise app - Should I bite?

tag
gorgon
Established Contributor

Cap1 SavorOne "Pre-approved" in CreditWise app - Should I bite?

Logged into CreditWise this morning and saw a pre-approval for the SavorOne card. Not sure how safe this "pre-approval" is...

I got a Platiunum card in September '18 with a $3k limit with $500 CLI after credit steps was complete. I product changed the card to a Quicksilver at the end of Dec. '18. 

My question is, how likely am I to get this card with already having the Quicksilver (Platinum in disguise) card and a Cap1 auto loan? And also, are product changes included in the 'one account every six months rule' with Cap1?

Sorry about the grainy photos. The CreditWise app will no allow screenshots to be taken.

2878336689875252860.jpg4358433847032708483.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 SavorOne "Pre-approved" in CreditWise app - Should I bite?

That is a solid offer!  I have never seen one in my CW app and that is one of the lower APR's.  This is a "sure thing" if you want the card. 

Message 2 of 11
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@gorgon wrote:

Logged into CreditWise this morning and saw a pre-approval for the SavorOne card. Not sure if how safe this "pre-approval" is...

I got a Platiunum card in September '18 with a $3k limit with $500 CLI after credit steps was complete. I product changed the card to a Quicksilver at the end of Dec. '18. 

My question is, how likely am I to get this card with already having the Quicksilver (Platinum in disguise) card and a Cap1 auto loan? And also, are product changes included in the 'one account every six months rule' with Cap1?

Sorry about the grainy photos. The CreditWise app will no allow screenshots to be taken.

It looks to be another "credit steps" offer which will be bucketed, and Cap One is always a triple pull. Save the Cap One spot for when you can get a SUB later on.

Next place for you to look would be Discover, or something that gives better rewards for more of your spend.

Message 3 of 11
mmajer4211
Regular Contributor

@gorgon wrote:

Logged into CreditWise this morning and saw a pre-approval for the SavorOne card. Not sure if how safe this "pre-approval" is...

To me that looks pretty good. It has a solid APR, not a variable. I couldn't tell you for sure but from everything that I've read in these forums and a little past experience that's a big thing to look for. 

MASSIVE OVERHALL (48) MONTHS IN

Message 4 of 11
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

It's solid, but Kilroy is probably right. Unless you land like $3000 right out of the gate, it'll be bucketed.

Message 5 of 11
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Based on the offer, it looks solid but as @kilroy8 and @Brian_Earl_Spilner said, it looks like it's in credit steps. The line that states "Access to a higher credit line after making the first 5 payments on time" basically validates the credit steps. I would continue cleaning up your credit and possibly looking into Discover.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 6 of 11
gorgon
Established Contributor

Discover was IIB, so they will be out of my reach for a while (forever?)

I do a lot of dining out so 3% is tempting on this offer. But the fact I already get 2% back on fuel and groceries on my Ollo card, and everything else on SavorOne is 1% when I already get 1.5% on everything with my QS, it may be a wash when it's all said and done.

And the bucketing...never thought of that...Might just stick with what I have and app for a better card later as suggested. Oh, and the TRIPLE PULL!

Thanks for the insight. 

Message 7 of 11
JaseT
Established Contributor

@gorgon wrote:

Discover was IIB, so they will be out of my reach for a while (forever?)

I do a lot of dining out so 3% is tempting on this offer. But the fact I already get 2% back on fuel and groceries on my Ollo card, and everything else on SavorOne is 1% when I already get 1.5% on everything with my QS, it may be a wash when it's all said and done.

And the bucketing...never thought of that...Might just stick with what I have and app for a better card later as suggested. Oh, and the TRIPLE PULL!

Thanks for the insight. 

You might also consider waiting a bit and then going for the Barclay Uber card that has 4% on dining. No triple pull with Barclay.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 8 of 11
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I would check prequal page for Venture.

If preapproved for Venture, then your next C1 card should be a real nice SL.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 9 of 11
gorgon
Established Contributor

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.