Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Upgrade Venture to VentureOne?

tag
furthur
Regular Contributor

Cap1 Upgrade Venture to VentureOne?

I just checked the Capital One product upgrade link and it gave me an offer to "upgrade" my Capital One Venture card to the VentureOne card. I was considering doing this before the first AF hits next August anyways, but is there any downside to doing this now? I'm just concerned if anything may happen to the 50,000 points I earned from the SUB if I downgrade (or "upgrade")  too soon. It's only been about 4 months.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 Upgrade Venture to VentureOne?

I personally would hold off until the AF hits for the first year. (I assume, no AF for the first year?) Cap1 isn’t quite the stiff that AMEX and Chase are, but generally, no one should downgrade cards before the first AF hits for fear of AA. Cap1 is very automated so just because it targets you for the downgrade, doesn’t necessarily mean that the AA flag won’t go off somewhere else.

My two cents but there could be someone here who has done this successfully.
Message 2 of 3
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap1 Upgrade Venture to VentureOne?

Wait.

QS is a better downgrade.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.