cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 alerted me on my "tipping", lol!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 alerted me on my "tipping", lol!!

I got this alert once too. Hubby and I had date night at an upscale restaurant. We used a gift card to pay for 75% then put the remainder and tip (for the total) on my Cap 1. I could definitely see where it would look odd lol.
Message 41 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very generous, service must have been great!  

Message 42 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome they look out like that.. I have 2 Cap One Cards, but I always draw a line through the tip portion on my receipt and tip in cash.

Message 43 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's nice to know they are looking out for their customers.
Message 44 of 50
jeffery581
Established Contributor

+100000000

Awesome Tip.

@pizza1 wrote:

Got an alert just now (4 days later), that they found my tip extra generous and wanted to be sure I gave that! I really LOVE that!! Love they are looking out on charges!

image.jpg

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 45 of 50
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

They've done this to me before, too. Definitely something normal.
Message 46 of 50
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Kenny wrote:

If youre familiar with these kind of alerts, then you must be a nice tipper too!!  LOL.. This is the first time Ive ever recived something like this, but then again, I did give more than I usually do for the wonderful service I received. Smiley Happy

Message 47 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Kenny wrote:

If youre familiar with these kind of alerts, then you must be a nice tipper too!!  LOL.. This is the first time Ive ever recived something like this, but then again, I did give more than I usually do for the wonderful service I received. Smiley Happy

Geez, it's almost the same cost as the meal, LOL. 

Message 48 of 50
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:

@Kenny wrote:

In general, I try to be as generous as possible when eating out. When one is lucky, blessed enough.. it makes sense to give back as much as possible when you can. Some will call me foolish, I can see that, but that's ok. Smiley Happy

Message 49 of 50
Open123
Super Contributor

@Kenny wrote:

In general, I try to be as generous as possible when eating out. When one is lucky, blessed enough.. it makes sense to give back as much as possible when you can. Some will call me foolish, I can see that, but that's ok. Smiley Happy

+1

Couldn't agree with you more!

On those special occasions when I celebrate with family and friends, I do tip more generously, for the same reason I never place limitations on what my guests may order. Dining (breaking bread) with friends/family is a treasured moment in life that should be enjoyed fully when we're lucky enough to indulge in them.  During these events, I'll tip more than I generally would, if only I'd prefer the Restaurant's staff to share in the festivities.  On evenings such as these, I just don't want any negativity, however minor or perceived, to leave a sour taste for me, or any of my guests.

Finally, during this time of year (far and away my favorite holiday), since most of my dining are personal rather than business, my gratuities tend to be considerably higher.

Message 50 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.