Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 automated CLI attempt

tag
ceejx
Established Contributor

Cap1 automated CLI attempt

I attempt the Cap1 customer service CLI option about once a month, and usually I get the "Your account is too new" result back after i'm denied, and notice an associated SP on my EQ. Since I'm up to my 5th statement and should be receiving my steps increase from $300 to $500, and heard some people have been lucky with CLIs around the same time, I figured I'd try agan and this time I got back:

Dear [seigex]
Re: Your account number ending in ****
Creditor: Capital One Bank (USA), N.A.
Thank you for contacting Capital One® regarding your account. Unfortunately, we cannot approve a
credit line increase for the following reason(s):

This Capital One account is not currently eligible for a credit line increase upon request. We're
reviewing our policy for increasing credit limits. While we do this, we won't be able to offer you
more credit.

We regret any inconvenience and look forward to continuing to serve you. Please keep in mind the
great benefits your card offers, like 24/7 online account management that allows you to change your
payment due date, make online payments, and set up e-mail or text alerts to notify you when you
approach your credit limit. To manage your account online, go to [link removed].
If you have any questions about this decision, please give us a call at [number removed]. Thank you for
being our customer.

Sincerely,
Capital One Customer Care Team<

not sure if that's just for my account or for everybody. Unfortuantely this is a cheesy limit credit card compared to the rest and has a $19 AF (only AF card) w/ a no AF first year, so after I hit 12 months, I might ditch it.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap1 automated CLI attempt

EVERYONE has been getting this.

That's the problem.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

That has been the message most have gotten for the past few months. Some CSRs in the exec office havr confirmed they are indeed reviewing their policy.
Message 3 of 19
ceejx
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
That has been the message most have gotten for the past few months. Some CSRs in the exec office havr confirmed they are indeed reviewing their policy.

gotcha, every month since april I got the "too new" letter back, so I guess that usurped the "reviewing policy" letter.... at least I've graduated in Cap1's eyes! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 19
firesoul453
Contributor

Ya your definetly not alone. Same letter for me.

Not sure whats up with cap1.  Atleast there are plenty of other credit card companies to use...

Seems like they've been reviewing there policy for like 2 years or more....

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 5 of 19
ceejx
Established Contributor

@firesoul453 wrote:

Ya your definetly not alone. Same letter for me.

Not sure whats up with cap1.  Atleast there are plenty of other credit card companies to use...

Seems like they've been reviewing there policy for like 2 years or more....

It's unfortunate, since they're two 3 months older than my oldest open account (not that it says much) so I wanted to keep them open, just not worth paying $19/yr to keep a $500 credit line open

Message 6 of 19
logan_720
Established Contributor

You have to look at this both ways... They may have just come up with this reason, since we aready know all of the other ones are lies.

Food for thought.... Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Yes, everyone does get this reason.

But, your account is only 5 months old and im sure that played a part of it too. Also, your aleady scheduled for a auto CLI per the terms of your agreement.

Be patient.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

Took me 4.5 years to get a CLI. Mine was a rebuilder card of course

Patience grasshopper Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 19
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

More people should apply for the Capital One Newcomers card when starting out...you'll reach the crappy 750.00 limit and be stuck there forever, but it doesn't have an annual fee

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.