Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 help what do I do?

tag
tknkrov
Contributor

Cap1 help what do I do?

I have an old CO I settled with Cap1 back in  early 2003. I was going through all my reports and on only EX they are showing I had late payments up through 1/2007.  TU an EQ show the correct 2003 reporting. Can someone explain how they can do this since I paid them in 2003, I'm confused. Any advice on what to do because I was so mad at this. I have worked so hard to have a goog payment history since then and I am now able to get citi and just got a BofA amex, actually I'm surprised I was approved for those after seeing that on my report.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 help what do I do?

tknkrov wrote:
I have an old CO I settled with Cap1 back in  early 2003. I was going through all my reports and on only EX they are showing I had late payments up through 1/2007.  TU an EQ show the correct 2003 reporting. Can someone explain how they can do this since I paid them in 2003, I'm confused. Any advice on what to do because I was so mad at this. I have worked so hard to have a goog payment history since then and I am now able to get citi and just got a BofA amex, actually I'm surprised I was approved for those after seeing that on my report.

My first step would be to dispute this account as incorrect/inaccurate with EX.

Good luck
Message 2 of 3
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 help what do I do?

I have never had any luck with Experian, but I would try to fax your dispute in.  From reading other posts on here, it seems taht has been the most successful way.

Just use the search engine up above to search about faxing EX.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.