Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 joint account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 joint account

Last week I called Cap1 to join my wife's account as a joint account holder to boost my score.They asked for DOB,SSN,etc. and they agreed to do it.Today TL showed up (billing cycle) as authorized account and that's probably why my scores didn't change.Can you become joint account holder with them?If they make a change do we need to wait another billing cycle or it happens rihgt away?Thanks for your feedback.
By the way my scores are TU 697,Ex 689,EQ 686.What do you think how many points my scores would increase?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 joint account

Bump
Can't answer, may be best to call & speak with Cap1.
Message 2 of 5
rudy
Regular Contributor

What you did would have worked in the past. I did the same for my aunt. It helped her scores by about 20 points. But that was before the new rules. Since it is your wife, the new rules my not apply. but rest assured everything takes time. So give it another month to see what happens
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Last week I called Cap1 to join my wife's account as a joint account holder to boost my score.They asked for DOB,SSN,etc. and they agreed to do it.Today TL showed up (billing cycle) as authorized account and that's probably why my scores didn't change.Can you become joint account holder with them?If they make a change do we need to wait another billing cycle or it happens rihgt away?Thanks for your feedback.
By the way my scores are TU 697,Ex 689,EQ 686.What do you think how many points my scores would increase?

Did you happen to pull any of your FICO's after you showed up as AU instead of joint? If so, look on screen 2 in the section under the scales to see if any of your credit history length changed (if her card is older than your oldest), and also on screen five to see if the AU account is listed.

FICO 2008 has been pushed back, and even if it had started, EX was supposed to be the only CRA ignoring AU status. So far, I am still getting credit for my AU status on one of DH's cards (needed the length of history.)

If you have pulled your FICO's after the card posted, and nothing changed, maybe it just isn't going to have that much effect. But also, call Cap 1 and ask why you are showing as AU rather than joint. They might have coded it wrong or something.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called Cap1 and they told me I can only be authorized user and not joint account holder or close this one and open up another one together (which doesn't make sense,I'm trying to get 5 years history).Every time I call they tell me different story.Anybody dealt with this Cap1 issue before?Thanks. 
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.