cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 new website cutover nigh? Can't pay GM Card tonight...

tag
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

Cap1 new website cutover nigh? Can't pay GM Card tonight...

The subject line says it all. There's been a message at the top of the page for some time: 

Attention Customers, certain online account features are temporarily unavailable. To learn more, see what's coming.

But tonight, "certain account features" includes online payments. Happily this is a keep-util-down payment, not an "omg it's due TODAY" payment for us.

Still, a heads up for anyone counting on being able to make a web payment. Not tonight, dears - Cap1 has a headache.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 new website cutover nigh? Can't pay GM Card tonight...

Very typical for creditors to do online maintenance of their sites during the weekend morning hours.  Nothing unusual 

Message 2 of 8
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Very typical for creditors to do online maintenance of their sites during the weekend morning hours.  Nothing unusual 

True enough, but it's now mid-Monday morning on the East coast and the message remains,

Functionality Unavailable
This feature is temporarily unavailable at this time. We are in the process of updating your online account with new features that will make banking online even easier.We apologize for any inconvenience.

Nothing about their messaging indicated or indicates "down for maintenance". That said, their messaging around this whole upgrade process has been a muddled mess.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BurgeoningHope wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

True enough, but it's now mid-Monday morning on the East coast and the message remains,

This feature is temporarily unavailable at this time. We are in the process of updating your online account with new features that will make banking online even easier.We apologize for any inconvenience.

Nothing about their messaging indicated or indicates "down for maintenance". That said, their messaging around this whole upgrade process has been a muddled mess.

Well then that is unusual.  Hopefully they get their act together soon.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just in my account there a couple of hours ago.

Now, when I tried to sign in again, I got this:

gm.jpg

Clicking the sign in button takes me to a blank page.

Clicking the signup link gives me:

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just able to add my BuyPower card to my regular Capital One account by logging in and going to Link Card Accounts.

It did not let me request a credit limit increase on the card. It said the feature was unavailable.

Message 6 of 8
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

If there's any issue with the online payment system, you can pay over the phone, and Captial One will waive the fee.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotta love Cap1. Sorta

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.