Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 platinum to QS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 platinum to QS

Went to cap1 chat and requested to see if I can pc my platinum card and was told I'm eligible for Quicksilver with no annual fee. I almost fell out of my chair. I couldn't believe it. I even asked is this QSone or QS. She said QS. I am so excited capital one is the best!
I've only had my platinum card for 7 months always paid it several times a month and never left a balance. Always paid in full before statement cuts
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 platinum to QS

That's awesome!! Congratulations.
Cap1 chat can be good for APR reduction as well. They are temporary, but Inhave gotten three between 2 cards this past year
Message 2 of 8
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the PC!  I'm waiting for the PC offer for my QS1.  Just took lower interest offer last month though, so not sure how often these offers come available,  I was able to PC my Venture1 to QS last month.

Message 3 of 8
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

Generally Cap One won't PC an AF product to a non-AF product.  Which is why Platinum cards with no AF get bumped to QS while QS1's are much harder to PC.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a Platinum and QS1 (both with AF) PCd to a QS. Took one time to ask through chat to see and I had the offer presented for both

Message 5 of 8
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@EAJuggalo wrote:

Generally Cap One won't PC an AF product to a non-AF product.  Which is why Platinum cards with no AF get bumped to QS while QS1's are much harder to PC.

I have a couple of QS1 cards nagging me. Customer support says that offers come up to PC them to QS but that the offers are infrequent. They recommended that I call every month and ask. In the meantime, when the fees come up, they recommended that I call and ask for them to be waived.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My annual fee QS1 upgraded to regular no annual fee QS after three statements. I did not check for offers before then. So, it's possible to upgrade an annual fee to a no annual fee card with Cap 1. But, as always YMMV.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice. I had my platinum PC'd to QS after my first statement with them cut. Now I am waiting for the third statement to cut so I can hit the luv button and see about getting a CLI before my steps increase. Keep on truckling afterlife.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.