Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 platinum to signature

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap1 platinum to signature

I was recently upgraded from a $5k Visa Plat to Venture One Visa Siggy... The card better say Signature on it! The rep basically sold me on the conversion as a result.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 16
vAirGo7
Regular Contributor

That day i chat with online CSR, she offered me venture one visa siggy but i didnt take the offer. She said the only way to get a visa siggy is to upgrade my card a better rewards cards and will be directly converted to visa signature (if you're eligible for the upgrade).  I waiting the offer for quicksilver.

Message 12 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I wanted Quicksilver tbh... Im a cashback fan.... I get 1.25 miles now, and the min redemption is like 10,000 miles heh
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@vAirGo7 wrote:

That day i chat with online CSR, she offered me venture one visa siggy but i didnt take the offer. She said the only way to get a visa siggy is to upgrade my card a better rewards cards and will be directly converted to visa signature (if you're eligible for the upgrade).  I waiting the offer for quicksilver.

Then you're going to be waiting for a long while.  The replatforming of their newest Quicksilver product will be offered first to elegible applicants (fee based vs non-fee based on qualification criteria) and it is also being offered in parallel to a target number of existing cardholders who qualify for the upgrade.  Best suggestion would have been to take the Venture upgrade and then determine whether you would qualify for the upgrade to Quicksilver in 6-8 months.

Message 14 of 16
vAirGo7
Regular Contributor

@Finstar - Thank you for the suggestion. I will wait for few more months if still no offer on my account i will upgrade my account. I love cashback thats what i told the CSR Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@vAirGo7 wrote:

@FinStar - Thank you for the suggestion. I will wait for few more months if still no offer on my account i will upgrade my account. I love cashback thats what i told the CSR Smiley Tongue

No worries - totally understand.  Just be sure to check online down the road to see if any available offers are listed for your account.  If none display, engage a CSR (chat or phone) since sometimes they are able to view more promotional account information that the system provides.  If all else fails and you want the Quicksilver CC, then see if the EO would have some flexibility but give it sometime once the Quicksilver "honeymoon" phase kinda fades.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.