cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 preapproved for new card, but not upgrade?

tag
rosco75
Regular Contributor

Cap1 preapproved for new card, but not upgrade?

I recieved an email today notifying me that "as a thank you for your loyalty youve earned an offer for an additional line of credit" and it was a pre approval offer for a Savor One card. Ive been wanting to PC my QS card to this foreverrrrrrrr

 

So I thought, hey - if im preapproved for this card it must mean that i am eligable for a PC right? So I wander on over to their website, log in and do the /productupgrade thing. I see congrats! youre eligable....etc. Scroll down and its a Venture One card offer. UGH. Id rather not have 2 Cap 1 cards, the QS card has been in the sock drawer for a very long time. Do you think I would have success in calling cap1 and asking about a PC since I have recieved this offer?


Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Cap1 preapproved for new card, but not upgrade?


@rosco75 wrote:

I recieved an email today notifying me that "as a thank you for your loyalty youve earned an offer for an additional line of credit" and it was a pre approval offer for a Savor One card. Ive been wanting to PC my QS card to this foreverrrrrrrr

 

So I thought, hey - if im preapproved for this card it must mean that i am eligable for a PC right? So I wander on over to their website, log in and do the /productupgrade thing. I see congrats! youre eligable....etc. Scroll down and its a Venture One card offer. UGH. Id rather not have 2 Cap 1 cards, the QS card has been in the sock drawer for a very long time. Do you think I would have success in calling cap1 and asking about a PC since I have recieved this offer?


Why not? You'll never know unless you try.


Total revolving limits 657200 (536700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 706 TU 714 EX 715

Message 2 of 8
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 preapproved for new card, but not upgrade?


@rosco75 wrote:

I recieved an email today notifying me that "as a thank you for your loyalty youve earned an offer for an additional line of credit" and it was a pre approval offer for a Savor One card. Ive been wanting to PC my QS card to this foreverrrrrrrr

 

So I thought, hey - if im preapproved for this card it must mean that i am eligable for a PC right? So I wander on over to their website, log in and do the /productupgrade thing. I see congrats! youre eligable....etc. Scroll down and its a Venture One card offer. UGH. Id rather not have 2 Cap 1 cards, the QS card has been in the sock drawer for a very long time. Do you think I would have success in calling cap1 and asking about a PC since I have recieved this offer?


you can certainly call, but it's extremely unlikely support is going to be able to do anything different than what you're being offered. Savor One PCs are extremely rare and not a given just because they're willing to preapprove you for a new Savor One card.

 

The only thing you can do is check every month and hope. is your QS a Visa or a MC?

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

5% cards:



3% and 2% cards:



Low APR cards:



Sign Up Bonuses and Debit Cards:



2/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 3 of 8
rosco75
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap1 preapproved for new card, but not upgrade?


@SouthJamaica wrote:


Why not? You'll never know unless you try.


True enough!

 


@GatoradeZeroGuy wrote:

 

The only thing you can do is check every month and hope. is your QS a Visa or a MC?


It is a MC


Message 4 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Cap1 preapproved for new card, but not upgrade?

Unfortunately with Cap One, calling in and asking a CSR for different PC options is an exercise in futility as it is all controlled by their computer. The CSR would see the exact same thing as you and wouldn't be able to override it.


Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:




Current FICO 8 scores:


Message 5 of 8
rosco75
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap1 preapproved for new card, but not upgrade?


@OmarGB9 wrote:

Unfortunately with Cap One, calling in and asking a CSR for different PC options is an exercise in futility as it is all controlled by their computer. The CSR would see the exact same thing as you and wouldn't be able to override it.


This is exactly what the account specialist manager told me. She said for produce change offers, they can only access the same system we see. They cannot even do manual reviews to replace/change an offer like they would for initial approvals. 

 

Imagine if someone was able to dupe the system, I hate to think a system that is entirely automated would be in so much control!


Message 6 of 8
JeffMO
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap1 preapproved for new card, but not upgrade?

I have pretty much the same problem as you. They can ( and just did) send me pre-approval for the QS card under the offers in my account. Irritates me that They would rather give me a whole new card than to just offer me an upgrade...craziest system I've ever seen in my life






Capital one 500, Discover 11.1k. UMB Signature visa 18.5k, DW UMB card Auth user 16K. Citi Costco anywhere 26.6k, Amazon Prime 22.3K
BH/Comenity Photo 10k Lowes advantage 35k
AAOA 2y4m, oldest 5 years. 0 collections. 125k income, Util 1% inq 1/12. 1/24. 30/60/90 = 0, No derog's, clean file. Rebuilding started 4 years ago.
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 795
Goal Score: 850


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
GTS
Contributor

Re: Cap1 preapproved for new card, but not upgrade?


@JeffMO wrote:

I have pretty much the same problem as you. They can ( and just did) send me pre-approval for the QS card under the offers in my account. Irritates me that They would rather give me a whole new card than to just offer me an upgrade...craziest system I've ever seen in my life


They want you to have multiple cards with them not 1.

FICO 8/9:



Amex Gold-$no preset SL
Chase FF WEMC-$25,200 CL
Chase IHG Premier WEMC-$16,700 CL
Amex BCP-$10,000 CL
PayPal cashback WMC-$8,000 Cl
RCU Platnum Visa-$5,000 CL
Cap1 Savor One WEMC-$5,000 CL
Disco It-$8,000 CL
Disco It-$5,200 CL
Cap1 Venture One WEMC-$3,400 CL

Amex Blue Business Plus-$2000 CL
Citi Corporate MC-$5,000 CL
AU Citi AA Advantage-$30,000 CL
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.