Did you mean: 

Cap1 product change process

tag
mgood
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 product change process

@socalchef00 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Unfortunately its extremely difficult to PC the QS1 to anything. But if you wish to check without calling Cap One, try adding /product upgrade after the URL in your address bar of your browser when logged into your Cap One account and looking at your QS1 card. 

Tried that. Nothing happened

Without the spaces, right after the equal sign, so it looks like . . . =/productupgrade

Maybe that's what you already tried. Just making sure.

When I do it on my QS, it shows that I can change to a Venture or VentureOne, but no Savor or SavorOne.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 24
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 11 of 19
socalchef00
Regular Contributor

@mgood wrote:

@socalchef00 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Unfortunately its extremely difficult to PC the QS1 to anything. But if you wish to check without calling Cap One, try adding /product upgrade after the URL in your address bar of your browser when logged into your Cap One account and looking at your QS1 card. 

Without the spaces, right after the equal sign, so it looks like . . . =/productupgrade

Maybe that's what you already tried. Just making sure.

When I do it on my QS, it shows that I can change to a Venture or VentureOne, but no Savor or SavorOne.

Yep, just tried again to make sure and same thing. No upgrades available

TransUnion FicoScore 8 : 800 | EquiFax FicoScore 9 : 813 | Experian FicoScore 8 : 760
Total Credit Limit Of : $374,650 | Avg Cr Age : 6 Yrs., Oldest card : 18 years, Youngest card : 2 Month
Message 12 of 19
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@mgood wrote:

From what I have read, they are reluctant to change cards with an annual fee to cards without a fee.
And it's rare that I read about someone product changing to a Savor or SavorOne. I would love to change my Quicksilver to a SavorOne.

@mgood, it seems that it's pretty easy to downgrade a Venture. The usual downgrade path is to the Quicksilver, but we also hear about downgrades to the VentureOne. As several have mentioned, product changes to Savor and SavorOne are somewhere between rare and non-existent.

@socalchef00, you could try calling in or chatting. During the four or five months a few years ago when Capital One was allowing Savor PCs, the offers never showed up via the link. They did show up in chat or on a call.

As mentioned, QS1s are notoriously hard to product-change. How much do you use the card? Whenever we see that someone has successfully upgraded this card, they report that they've been using the card every single month.

I was able to upgrade two QS1s after 12 or 13 consecutive months of usage. The amount of usage didn't seem to matter. During many of those months, I made one charge and paid it off once it posted. When I requested the upgrades, the rep cautioned me not to get my hopes up, then she was genuinely surprised to see the offers pop up.

Message 13 of 19
Bradac56
Regular Contributor

@mgood wrote:

From what I have read, they are reluctant to change cards with an annual fee to cards without a fee.
And it's rare that I read about someone product changing to a Savor or SavorOne. I would love to change my Quicksilver to a SavorOne. I now have several cards that pay me 2% back, so the 1.5% from the QS isn't very helpful. I could get some use out of a SavorOne, but don't want to lose the history of my QS. So a product change here would seem ideal. I'm waiting to see if that becomes an option. (I've asked several times and been told "no," but I have seen other people report that they've been allowed to make such a change.)

Not exactly.  I've personly moved between AF - non-AF and between Quicksilver - Venture several times.  In fact I just did it last week. I'm not traveling as much so I moved from the Venture Rewards ($95af) to the QuickSilver Rewards ($0af) without needing to call. 

What is nearly impossible is moving between those cards and the Savor line they hold them like the Queen's Jewels.  The only people I know that has done it easly own a $10-$20mil small busines.  I might be able to call and bludgen mine into the top Savor but I persaonlly value the Amex Blue Cash Preferred higher than a Cap1 card, or any decent Amex for that matter.

Message 14 of 19
Bradac56
Regular Contributor

@socalchef00 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Take the space out "/productupgrade" I just did it.

Message 15 of 19
socalchef00
Regular Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@mgood wrote:

And it's rare that I read about someone product changing to a Savor or SavorOne. I would love to change my Quicksilver to a SavorOne.

@mgood, it seems that it's pretty easy to downgrade a Venture. The usual downgrade path is to the Quicksilver, but we also hear about downgrades to the VentureOne. As several have mentioned, product changes to Savor and SavorOne are somewhere between rare and non-existent.

@socalchef00, you could try calling in or chatting. During the four or five months a few years ago when Capital One was allowing Savor PCs, the offers never showed up via the link. They did show up in chat or on a call.

As mentioned, QS1s are notoriously hard to product-change. How much do you use the card? Whenever we see that someone has successfully upgraded this card, they report that they've been using the card every single month.

I was able to upgrade two QS1s after 12 or 13 consecutive months of usage. The amount of usage didn't seem to matter. During many of those months, I made one charge and paid it off once it posted. When I requested the upgrades, the rep cautioned me not to get my hopes up, then she was genuinely surprised to see the offers pop up.

I may give them a call. I don't see the chat feature available. I don't use it that much but there is a monthly charge to it just for activity. I'd use it more if I could get the Savor card.

TransUnion FicoScore 8 : 800 | EquiFax FicoScore 9 : 813 | Experian FicoScore 8 : 760
Total Credit Limit Of : $374,650 | Avg Cr Age : 6 Yrs., Oldest card : 18 years, Youngest card : 2 Month
Message 16 of 19
TomWB
New Contributor

It's already hard to get them to remove the AF, let along PC to Savor. I have checked the product change page and called them every few months over the span of 2 years that I had the card, and every time the page says no offer available, and the representatives saying the same thing. So, I guess if you don't have a offer online, they can't give you over the phone? Nonetheless, it did not work out for me and I eventually closed my account.

FYI, I sometimes ran through over $2500 on the $400 CL per month, but I still got the $100 CLI and no upgrade offer.

Credit Cards:

P2:

Closed Credit Cards:
Message 17 of 19
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@socalchef00, take any no-fee upgrade that they might offer. Once you've accomplished that, there's a good chance that other product-change offers will become available after six or more months have passed.

Message 18 of 19
socalchef00
Regular Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@socalchef00, take any no-fee upgrade that they might offer. Once you've accomplished that, there's a good chance that other product-change offers will become available after six or more months have passed.

Thanks. I'll have to wait for an upgrade. May give them a call to see if I can get one. Even if its just switching from QS one to QS at the moment.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.