Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 won’t unsecure tenured card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 won’t unsecure tenured card

Any way to get CapOne to agree to unsecure an old card which has always been on time.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Re: Cap1 won’t unsecure tenured card

No way to convince them...If your scores have improved enough i would just start applying for new cards and Sock draw that card......

This is assuming you already called them and spoke to them about this...How long have u had the card?

Message 2 of 6
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

I agree with the above post. If you're able to apply w/ high likelihood of approval, it may be best to sockdrawer the CapOne card and move on to something better.

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 6
rbentley
Established Contributor

There must be some reason they won't unsecure.  How long have you had it?  If you can get other cards I would join the recomendation to move on.  I wouldn't SD a secured card.  I would close it and move it to Discover IT or another provider who is know for graduating secure cards.  

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I myself have had a Cap1 secured card for 2 yrs now.
Still secured w/ $200 deposit limit.
No increase or offer to unsecure at all.
Not sure why as I have other cards now and my credit is good.
Message 5 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Seems like the older secured cards were approved with a different protocol programed in the computer by the higher ups at that time to the program developer and has never been changed. Just like some starter bucket cards. For a better word. Your kinda stuck. If you have better cards now. JMO I'd send them off to pasture. They did their job. Time to move on.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.