Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 zero percent bt offers or RJ?

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap1 zero percent bt offers or RJ?

VEEnVEGAS wrote: 

Not sure, but of my three cards the only immediate rate increase is on the one card without a balance. The card with increased APR beginning in 1 yr. has carried a small balance for a few months, and the one with no ncrease at all (except default rate) has carried a 3.9% for life  BT on it for a while now.

interesting VEE, you have the vantage point of multiple cards being affected and handled differently...

VEEnVEGAS wrote:
I'm really not mad at them at all...they were there when I needed them and have generally treated me well...

I read here of credit card companies doing MUCH worse to their customers! 

+1

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 11 of 14
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

score_building wrote:

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

I've had up to 4 diff BT offers online, now I have two.  Zero for 6 months w/ BT fee, or fee-free at purchase rate.  My current rate is 10.40 (or 10.14). 

OOh la la.

I have a BT on this card at the moment whose zero rate expires pretty soon.  I can deal w/ paying roughly 10%, so that I can still work on paying down that Target Visa with its criminal rate.

wow 4, cap1 is lovin' them some WhirledPeas, they're trying to get at your business any which way it seems... i've got the same two bt offers you do right now. 

hope you're going to transfer some of the balance off that Target Visa apr fiend...  my highest regular APR ever was Dell (at 29.99% and now still not a bargain at 17.99% lol)

I have no idea what I did to get Cap1 to like me.  LOL.

Between the Cap1 card and my purdy new (empty) USBank card I can BT the whole Target amount.  I'm workin' on it.  Smiley Happy

Chase also has some good BT offers on my Amazon card, but that's my everyday card and it has had balance issues of its own.  (Yeah, I had that plan to use the Greenie for everything, but I find that I still go to the Amazon card more often than I should.  It's all about the rewards!!! -- Restaurants, gas stations and drug stores!!!   And since I can't use the Greenie at Wally World, what am I to do??  Oh, BofA's Amex is offering double WhirledPoints for shopping at Wally World for a few weeks in March...  Woah, random convo w/ myself here.)

Enough!  I'll sit down and try to noodle thru all of this after I get back from the bank later this week.  Yes, that's right, I actually have to GO to my bank.  Weird.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 12 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

I have no idea what I did to get Cap1 to like me.  LOL.

Between the Cap1 card and my purdy new (empty) USBank card I can BT the whole Target amount.  I'm workin' on it.  :smileyhappy:

Chase also has some good BT offers on my Amazon card, but that's my everyday card and it has had balance issues of its own.  (Yeah, I had that plan to use the Greenie for everything, but I find that I still go to the Amazon card more often than I should.  It's all about the rewards!!! -- Restaurants, gas stations and drug stores!!!   And since I can't use the Greenie at Wally World, what am I to do??  Oh, BofA's Amex is offering double WhirledPoints for shopping at Wally World for a few weeks in March...  Woah, random convo w/ myself here.)

Enough!  I'll sit down and try to noodle thru all of this after I get back from the bank later this week.  Yes, that's right, I actually have to GO to my bank.  Weird.

ROFLMAO

for some reason i am surprised to hear the chase amazon cc has bt offers (perhaps because i have the amazon ge store card which doesn't, lol)  i opened up an online bank acct. a few weeks ago w/o proximate brick and mortar locations and just got back from closing my wamu acct. (which included proximate brick and mortar locations).  gone are my days of in-person banking... well, not true i still have wells fargo- almost forgot.  anyway, keep Whirling and getting those points/ rewards :smileyvery-happy:

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 13 of 14
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks S_B -- say, can you convince Wells Fargo to open up near me.  They now hold both my main mortgage and my subprime on my now rental prop.

Out of curiousity I just checked Chase and my BT offers are GONE.  Nice, very nice.

Oh I'm whirlin'...  have no fear!

Smiley Wink

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.