Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1

Alright so heres the deal. I have a QS (was a PC from a Plat) and QS1 which I know is an AF subprime card.

I check prequals and I have not been getting anything from Cap1 at all. Is it because I'm holding 2 subprime cards? should I ditch the QS1 come its full year and try for a better card from them?

I dont mind keeping the QS as it is my oldest account and no AF.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Cap1

Branch out, there are other lenders who dont pull thriceSmiley Wink Just sayinSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I had something typed out, but then the thread got moved and I lost it. I don't remember what I typed.

Thank you, come again.

Message 3 of 9
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

If you don’t really like either card, just close them both. If your credit and income are good, Cap One may give you a high SL on a Venture or Savor. I assume that your QS and QS1 are in a bucket and won’t grow much. Good luck! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I had something typed out, but then the thread got moved and I lost it. I don't remember what I typed.

Thank you, come again.

Same here. Thread monster ate my reply. I thought there was someplace our drafts were saved in profiles but I can’t find it.

Message 5 of 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous click on your user name. It's under your stats, above the threads you participated in. I checked, my draft wasn't there.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can only get one Cap1 card every 6 months. Has it been 6 months since you received your last Cap1 card?

Based on the approvals I have seen here your scores are too low for the non subprime Cap1 cards. Since Cap1 only allows two subprime cards, hence, no preapprovals.

Search the approvals section. Look for scores of people approved. Don’t go to far back because imho Cap1 has tightened up a bit. Obviously that’s not scientific but it will give you an idea of where you need to be. ymmv of course.

You could cold app, but I wouldn’t

Message 7 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Thank you, come again.

Same here. Thread monster ate my reply. I thought there was someplace our drafts were saved in profiles but I can’t find it.

Thread Eating Monster.jpg

Message 8 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Branch out, there are other lenders who dont pull thriceSmiley Wink Just sayinSmiley Happy

@AJC Has some good recommendations in His siggySmiley LOL

Here's to "Thrice" <<< #JustSayinHeartSmiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.