Essence
Contributor

Re: CapOne APRs

I'm at 24.9%
Message 11 of 21
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

I'm at 17.9%.  They double mine when all the credit card companies were freakin' out!!  I don't really care because I don't use credit cards for the most part anymore unless I need new tires for my truck and get 0% interest.

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 12 of 21
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

I have a regular platinum with no rewards with a $39 AF and my APR is 10.9%

Damn, thats a good APR. I wish mine was that low, but the offer they gave me was no AF ever, so I guess I can't hate on them too badly. 

Message 13 of 21
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Damn, thats a good APR. I wish mine was that low, but the offer they gave me was no AF ever, so I guess I can't hate on them too badly. 

I agree.  I would never pay an AF.  

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 14 of 21
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@dallasjetfan wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

I agree.  I would never pay an AF.  

I'd have no issue payin an AF for the Cap1 platinum if it had rewards, but it doesn't. If I had an amex or something with crazy rewards AF would be no problem, but I aint about to pay an AF just for the hell of it. Haha, That's why I was thrilled when I read my mail offer and it was like "No AF EVER...UNLIMITED POWAHHHHH!!!!" 

Message 15 of 21
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

I don't use CC's much anymore so Rewards are not a big deal to me.

Message 16 of 21
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@dallasjetfan wrote:

It's a great way to stay out of debt. I applaud you. I've been credit hungry since the moment I turned 18, first application midnight on my birthday. 

Message 17 of 21
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@dallasjetfan wrote:

It's a great way to stay out of debt. I applaud you. I've been credit hungry since the moment I turned 18, first application midnight on my birthday. 

I haven't always been so good with my debt so I finally decided to pay off my CC's last year.  I was tired of playing all the games and since I won't be buying a house anytime soon, my overall credit score is not my concern right now.  Having money in the bank is!!

Message 18 of 21
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Mine is at 24.9%. Maybe I should call in and ask for some APR reduction. Then again I do plan on getting another Cap One card in the future.

Message 19 of 21
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

As long as you PIF, who cares what the APR is!  Smiley Happy

You always win when you PIF. The only money you want them to make off you is the swipe fee...

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.