Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne GM Buypower

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne GM Buypower

I was approved this afternoon (actually shocked).  I have a few questions on the card if anyone has it...

1-  Is it normal that they only pulled EQ (thought CapOne did all 3)

2-  They had me use a different capital one site to create a login, can I eventually link my GM buypower card to my regular capital one login site for my other two cards?

3-  I read that it is reported as "flexible spending."  Ive never had this type of a card before and I wanted to know if that meant I needed to keep a 0 balance on it (I read that some flexible spend cards do not report the limit).

thank you!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CapOne GM Buypower

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved this afternoon (actually shocked).  I have a few questions on the card if anyone has it...

2-  They had me use a different capital one site to create a login, can I eventually link my GM buypower card to my regular capital one login site for my other two cards?

3-  I read that it is reported as "flexible spending."  Ive never had this type of a card before and I wanted to know if that meant I needed to keep a 0 balance on it (I read that some flexible spend cards do not report the limit).

thank you!

1. This is pretty normal for this card one of the rare exceptions to the triple pull

2. I dont have the card but I read that it is a separate log in for it.

3. It most likely will report the CL so no it doesnt have to be 0 balance. I have quite a few flex spending cards and they all report the CL these days.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

thank you!

1. This is pretty normal for this card one of the rare exceptions to the triple pull

2. I dont have the card but I read that it is a separate log in for it.

3. It most likely will report the CL so no it doesnt have to be 0 balance. I have quite a few flex spending cards and they all report the CL these days.

Thank you Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I had this card so yes everything stated is as said about it.

Do hope they offered you a better SL. Mine was $600 WEMC and that's how it remained until closed 1 year later.

Message 4 of 15
noobody
Established Contributor

I do not have the card, it sounds about right

It's different than the regular Cap1 card, 1 HP for approval BUT credit line increase request will be HP too.

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 5 of 15
creditguy
Valued Contributor

They don't do anything like capital one because really it's just a capital one in name only card.This card is serviced by capital one and is not one of their real cards i.e. QS, Venture etc. It's a different, less user friendly website than cap one because, well, again it's not really cap one. The customer service and CLI's aren't like cap one either. Also you will not be able to combine this card with any other cap one card, because well you guessed it, it's not really a cap one. As a data point I got a $3k SL with 609 on my EQ.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

but the question still remains... is it capital one card, creditguy?
Message 7 of 15
creditguy
Valued Contributor

I say no, it's as much a capital one card as a kohls card is, just a portfolio they service.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

my post was a joke due to your reiteration lol
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! I got lucky with my credit limit for 5k based on what I've read on here. This is my first flexible spend card.

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the card in the mail since it isn't a normal capital one card?
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.