Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne Secured Card and....

tag
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

CapOne Secured Card and....

Upon suggestions of members, I'm fixing to add two more tradelines to my credit report. Since unsecured is out of the question with the exception of the one WF card I have now, I'm considering a CapOne secured card, and need suggestions for a second secured card. No FP, rates and terms are ridiculous.

Can I get some feedback on the CapOne secured card? And what other good secured cards are there out in credit land? Smiley Happy

My Wallet (Updated Sept 2023):
Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
doc101
Regular Contributor

Re: CapOne Secured Card and....

Cap1 is ok, I have a secured card with them. I only have a $300 limit, which I would increase if not being turned down when I asked for a CLI. I was told a CLI couldn't be given at this time nor will one be offered. I also have a unsecured card with Orchand Bank, same credit limit. Also turned down when asked for a CLI. Cap 1 recently bought Orchard Bank......no wonder I was turned down lol........either way, both are helpful cards for the rebuilding process......good luck

Starting Score:Equifax 543
Current Score:EQ659 TU 716 EXP677 updated 7/3/2016
Goal Score: 700

Message 2 of 7
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

Just applied... and again, a huge denial page. SMH, and some say that your credit score is what should be worked on. With a 652, I would thought I'd still get approved, even, even with the one collections account and the six year old CapOn C/O account on my report. SMH.

Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 3 of 7
doc101
Regular Contributor

don't know why you were turned down.....even for a secured card. I got my card with a score of 450 3yrs ago. looking at your scores, try Orchard Bank.......part of the Cap1 family as well

Starting Score:Equifax 543
Current Score:EQ659 TU 716 EXP677 updated 7/3/2016
Goal Score: 700

Message 4 of 7
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

Not sure either, have a feeling something along the lines of a reaged collector has something to do with it. Sickening if you ask me to know a collection agency can be unethical and illegally "reage" an account. Now I have to go to war with them to have it removed and all of that. I've disputed them amongst all three reports, but we'll see what happens.

Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 5 of 7
eviLution
Established Contributor

I was approved for Capital One Secured with 3 unpaid collections and a Repo from 6½ years ago at the time I applied. Now everything is cleared off and I'm about to get my 6th statement with them at the end of this month. My CK score at the time I applied was around 590.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 6 of 7
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

So what am I doing wrong? Do I need to call and verify information? Do I need to attempt to recon? I'm puzzled right now...

Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.