Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne Walmart CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapOne Walmart CLI

Thanks.  I didn't even know you could view documents.  I looked mine up and it was denied and I have no idea what they are trying to say:  

***· Credit line increases are not available at this time upon request for this type of account
***· Credit bureau information is missing or unavailable
***· We were unable to obtain your most recent monthly payment data from the credit reporting
agency.

First one I get,  just probably not doing CLIs yet.  The second one is not correct - I get daily updates on my credit bureau info and watch it carefully and I have two other Capital One cards.  The third is funny because I had Walmart paid off except $40, so when it switched over this morning to Capital One, I made a $40 payment.   I would almost rather them just say:  "NO!! We are not giving you a CLI and we don't have to tell you why!"

Message 11 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Croakmatic wrote:

Denied, looks like they're still in a bit of a flux there with the migration.

Here's an excerpt from the document:

You recently requested a credit line increase for your Capital One® account. Unfortunately, your
account isn't eligible right now. We know this isn't the answer you were hoping for and we want to
help you understand why:
· Credit line increases are not available at this time upon request for this type of account
· Credit bureau information is missing or unavailable
· We were unable to obtain your most recent monthly payment data from the credit reporting
agency

Hi Croakmatic -- Well, I must be really tired today.  I just esponded to you, but didn't read far enough to see that your denials say the same thing as mine.  Guess it's just a boiler-plate response for CLIs this early on.  

Message 12 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks.  I didn't even know you could view documents.  I looked mine up and it was denied and I have no idea what they are trying to say:  

***· Credit line increases are not available at this time upon request for this type of account
***· Credit bureau information is missing or unavailable
***· We were unable to obtain your most recent monthly payment data from the credit reporting
agency.

First one I get,  just probably not doing CLIs yet.  The second one is not correct - I get daily updates on my credit bureau info and watch it carefully and I have two other Capital One cards.  The third is funny because I had Walmart paid off except $40, so when it switched over this morning to Capital One, I made a $40 payment.   I would almost rather them just say:  "NO!! We are not giving you a CLI and we don't have to tell you why!"

All 3 items, they may be referring to the new card itself. They may look at the credit history of your new card from the report rather than looking at their own internal data lol.

Message 13 of 44
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Any Walmart Cap1 CLIs?

Has anyone received any love from Cap1 Walmart Card? I hit the button and received the review message anout 10 days ago and have yet to hear a thing. Assume it is a denial but would like something to file, ya know?

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 14 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any Walmart Cap1 CLIs?

Message 15 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any Walmart Cap1 CLIs?

People have been receiving messages that CLIs aren't available for the account type which isn't a good sign as that's the same message Cap used to use with the Sony/PS cards and their other cobrands that never grow. 

Message 16 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I requested one a couple of months ago, when it was still Syncrony, after the announcement that it was transferring to Capital One. In the old system it would actually ask you what limit you'd like. I was at 1k, I put in 3k, was instantly approved. Boosted my utilization (technically it dropped my utilization but you get what I'm saying).

I did request just the other day too, right after requesting a CLI on my QS1 and being approved for $200. The CLI on the WMT card was declined however. I had 4 reasons given; the other 3 someone else mentioned on this post, in addition to "There has recently been a change to the credit line on this account." Not 100% certain if they are referencing the recent CLI before they took over the account, or the recent one they gave me on my QS1.

Message 17 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found this online hope it helps

Eligibility requirements for a credit limit increase with Capital One
In order to qualify for a credit limit increase with Capital One, your account needs to meet the following requirements:

It must be at least three months old.
You can’t have received an increase or decrease in your credit limit within the past six months.
Your account must be unsecured (in other words, secured credit cards don’t qualify).
Of course, meeting these qualification requirements doesn’t guarantee that you’ll be approved for a credit limit increase. Here are the factors that Capital One considers when deciding whether or not to grant you a credit limit increase.

On-time payments
The amount of your monthly payments
Your credit score
How much credit you use -- if you rarely use your credit card, your chances of approval are lower

Message 18 of 44
stonedog23
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone have any idea what scoring model of Equifax that Capital One is using and printing on their rejection letters? The csr's seem to have no idea and neither do I as their Equifax score doesn't match 8 or 9.

NFCU GoRewards Sig ($40,000), NFCU Cash Rewards ($33,000), PenFed Power Cash ($25,000), FNBO Evergreen Visa ($20,000), Bread Financial Rewards Amex ($19,150), PNC Cash Rewards ($18,400), PNC Cashbuilder ($18,700) , Citi Double Cash ($9600), Discover It Cash ($9000), Walmart MC ($8000), Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards ($7500), Fifth Third Unlimited Cash Back Mastercard ($7500), Wells Fargo Active Cash Sig($7000), Apple Card ($6000), Amex BCE($6000), Amex ED($6600), X1 Card ($5000), PNC Points ($8000), Amex Cash Magnet($2000), Fifth Third Truly Simple ($4000), Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards($4500), Truist Bright Card($4500), CapOne Quicksilver(Bucketed @$1500), US Bank Cash+ ($5,000), US Bank Cash+ ($1,000), WF mortgage 195K Fico 8: EQ 766, TU 763, EX 753, FICO 9:EQ 829, TU 812, EX 791, AAoA-97 months, AoOA-28 years
Message 19 of 44
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

It's the FICO 5 classic score, also referred to FICO 04 (Equifax). It's the same Equifax score that's used for mortgages.

Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.