Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital 1 Increasing Credit Rates?

tag
myficomatt
Regular Contributor

Capital 1 Increasing Credit Rates?

I was expecting this somewhat but I've been hearing more and more people who are "prime" receiving letters of interest rate increases.  I got a letter the other day stating that because they've reviewed my credit, they're increasing my interest rate to 28% ABOVE the WSJ interest rate.  So basically over 30% lol...  Mind you, I've increased my credit scores by about 100 on each of the bureaus.  What gives?  I mean talk about excessive!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital 1 Increasing Credit Rates?

@myficomatt wrote:
I was expecting this somewhat but I've been hearing more and more people who are "prime" receiving letters of interest rate increases.  I got a letter the other day stating that because they've reviewed my credit, they're increasing my interest rate to 28% ABOVE the WSJ interest rate.  So basically over 30% lol...  Mind you, I've increased my credit scores by about 100 on each of the bureaus.  What gives?  I mean talk about excessive!

are you sure that is not the new default rate?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.