Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital 1 cash back question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital 1 cash back question

if my statment balance is 1000 and it due by Feb 7th. I have 200 in cash back that i wanted to use as a statement credit. Does the cash back count as a payment or would i still need to pay the statment balance of 1000 in order  not to be charged intrest ? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital 1 cash back question

As long as it credits by the due date, it counts as an additional payment.  If you had zero balance after payment and statement credit, there would be no interest.  The one important thing to know is that statement credits usually do not count toward a minimum payment.

Message 2 of 7
randy230k
New Contributor

The statement credit doesnt count as your "payment" for the month.  So, still make a payment.

In the garden since 7/30/17
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@randy230k wrote:

The statement credit doesnt count as your "payment" for the month.  So, still make a payment.

I got that part i just want to make sure i only have to make the 800 payment and not the full statement balance of 1000 with out getting charged the interest.

Message 4 of 7
randy230k
New Contributor

Oops, sorry.  Yea, as long as everything is in the same statement, just the 800 should do it.  

In the garden since 7/30/17
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@randy230k wrote:

Oops, sorry.  Yea, as long as everything is in the same statement, just the 800 should do it.  

great ! thank you

Message 6 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@randy230k wrote:

I got that part i just want to make sure i only have to make the 800 payment and not the full statement balance of 1000 with out getting charged the interest.

Yes as long as you do it soon enough

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.