tag
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One 2% versus Amex 1.5

@Anonymous wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

citi dc, paypal mc.

Don't forget Fidelity Visa 2%. And with Pay Pal M/C you mean the 2% card--not the Extras card. The pt. redemption on the Extras card is not that good...for gift cards it's only .6 of 1cpp.

Fidelity is a cool card but the 50$ minimum redemption has caused me to SD it. It's probably fine for someone that uses one credit card for all purchases though.

One positive about the Venture is the no minimum redemption requirement while other similar options have a minimum redemption amount. Of course you are also limited to using the 2% towards travel but the no minimum redemption is nice. Also lets not forget that you can redeem the same travel purchase over and over. While not ideal, it is a loophole to erase your non travel purchases with the Venture as well.

Good point! I'd noticed that as well, and it effectively makes the card a true 2% CB. 

[2/2019]
Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One 2% versus Amex 1.5

@Anonymous wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

citi dc, paypal mc.

Don't forget Fidelity Visa 2%. And with Pay Pal M/C you mean the 2% card--not the Extras card. The pt. redemption on the Extras card is not that good...for gift cards it's only .6 of 1cpp.

Fidelity is a cool card but the 50$ minimum redemption has caused me to SD it. It's probably fine for someone that uses one credit card for all purchases though.

One positive about the Venture is the no minimum redemption requirement while other similar options have a minimum redemption amount. Of course you are also limited to using the 2% towards travel but the no minimum redemption is nice. Also lets not forget that you can redeem the same travel purchase over and over. While not ideal, it is a loophole to erase your non travel purchases with the Venture as well.

PayPal cashback is 2% with no minimum redemption. In fact it doesn’t seem to have any drawbacks except high interest. 

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.