Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One 360??

tag
Mr_FYI

Re: Capital One 360??

@YahComb wrote:

@Mr_FYI wrote:

>> Also, probably not applicable...but during a merger like this ...

Ummm ... actually, it IS applicable .... which shows how much you know. 

Don't know what your experience was, but I also have a best buy card and at least 2 times since "crap 1" took over, I was flat out careless and missed my due date by a day or two.  They readily reversed the past due fees, no discussion needed.  Of course, I hadn't missed any in the previous five years I had the account.

What's your beef?

Doesn't sound like any beef.  Vast majority of people do not have half a mil in the bank.

I clarified my response.  Dustink had an issue with best buy under Capital One.

Message 11 of 31
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

HAHA, this is to funny, just received the email and was copying to post... Capital One seems to be buying things up left and right!

You know..... this may be the reason why they are being a bit more generous with the CLIs. There might be some link here with them buying other lenders out and all...IJS. They went all this time being stingy and then all of a sudden you call the EO and BAM you have a credit line moved from $300 to $2000. Capital One is feeling a little brand new and wanting to compete with the big dogs!

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 12 of 31
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@jennylocha wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

HAHA, this is to funny, just received the email and was copying to post... Capital One seems to be buying things up left and right!

You know..... this may be the reason why they are being a bit more generous with the CLIs. There might be some link here with them buying other lenders out and all...IJS. They went all this time being stingy and then all of a sudden you call the EO and BAM you have a credit line moved from $300 to $2000. Capital One is feeling a little brand new and wanting to compete with the big dogs!

They really have been with the "big dogs" for a while, 6th largest US bank by deposit and 4th largest credit card issuer.

Message 13 of 31
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Well it has been about one year and a half since all of this started, and I haven't noticed anything different with how ING operated. I do not really use the account anyway, but Sharebuilder had a nice bonus recently and it was easy to obtain and customer service was helpful. Maybe they will have credit cards for Capital One 360 or Sharebuilder now.

@Dustink wrote:

Be ready for crap1 service. They claim it won't happen, but it will. HSBC did a good job at servicing the best buy accounts, crap1 took over and now they are terrible.

Also, probably not applicable...but during a merger like this. If you have high deposits in both banks, you will lose FDIC insurance. For example, you have $250k deposited with each bank. Before you had $500k in coverage for your $500k deposit, after all is completed you will only have $250k in coverage for your $500k deposit.

They sent an email about this a while back. If you have an account at Capital One USA, N.A. you can have 250000 at both Capital One and Capital One 360. If you have an account at Capital One, N.A. , then you can only have 250000 combined between the two.

Message 14 of 31
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Be ready for crap1 service. They claim it won't happen, but it will. HSBC did a good job at servicing the best buy accounts, crap1 took over and now they are terrible.

Also, probably not applicable...but during a merger like this. If you have high deposits in both banks, you will lose FDIC insurance. For example, you have $250k deposited with each bank. Before you had $500k in coverage for your $500k deposit, after all is completed you will only have $250k in coverage for your $500k deposit.

Personal opinion alert:  The term "Crap 1" might have been funny/mildly amusing the first time.  And maybe the second.   But less so with each subsequent use.

Message 15 of 31
casteevo

"Checking and savings deposits made before November 1, 2012 will stay separately insured until 6 months following November 1, 2012 (or, May 1, 2013). Then, your FDIC coverage will be based on your total combined deposits at Capital One, N.A. and Capital One 360 up to the FDIC max of $250,000 per depositor — or $500,000 for joint depositors. For checking and savings deposits made on or after November 1, 2012, your FDIC coverage is already based on the total combined deposits at Capital One, N.A. and Capital One 360 to the FDIC max of $250,000 per depositor — or $500,000 for joint depositors."

Yeah, the FDIC coverage will merge eventually, but you still have a few months before that happens.  Just something to keep in mind if you have money in both banks.

Message 16 of 31
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

Personal opinion alert:  The term "Crap 1" might have been funny/mildly amusing the first time.  And maybe the second.   But less so with each subsequent use.

It makes it easier to decide whose post to ignore.  

Message 17 of 31
jake619
Frequent Contributor

I loved my Electric Orange.  For me it was the pooh.  Even with all the hype about how nothing will be changing except the name, I'm afraid it will begin to smell like pooh instead.  Backup plans well underway.

Message 18 of 31
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

I recently opened up a savings account with Cap One 360 in Mid-May.  However, I am interested in Capital One 360 checking.  Does anyone know if Capital One 360 pulls all three bureaus like regular Capital One?  Or do they pull only one?

Message 19 of 31
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

For a checking account? I HIGHLY doubt that they pull your credit.
As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.