Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One 6 month CLI timeframe question

tag
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Capital One 6 month CLI timeframe question

For a Capital One CLI you need to wait 6 months between requests.  Does that mean 180 days?  or 6 calendar months?

My last letter in my document center stating that the credit limit was raised is dated 1/25/2014 so by my calculations yesterday 7/23/14 would have been the 180th day.  I was declined, so I'm wondering if I jumped the gun or not.  I plan to try again on 7/26/2014 just to be sure I am past whatever they may consider 6 months, but I was hoping someone could clarify for me if I was actually early or not.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
mrcredit7
New Contributor

Re: Capital One 6 month CLI timeframe question

I jumped the gun three days early, got increase on June 27th 2013, ask for cli on December 24th, got denied same reason...applied again on the 27th an instant approval...I calculated months but tried early just to test their computers. Also I made more than the minimum payment each month. .hopes this helps..
Message 2 of 7
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@mrcredit7 wrote:
I jumped the gun three days early, got increase on June 27th 2013, ask for cli on December 24th, got denied same reason...applied again on the 27th an instant approval...I calculated months but tried early just to test their computers. Also I made more than the minimum payment each month. .hopes this helps..

ok so it sounds like they want 6 calendar months rather than 180 days then.

Message 3 of 7
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Still denied today.  I've never missed a payment in over three years and they will not remove the AF and will not raise the CL.  I'm DONE with Crapital One.

Message 4 of 7
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

You can try contacting capital one on FB and if that doesn't work you can contact capital one EO. Also I would make sure your utilization is low on all your other accounts. Good luck!

Message 5 of 7
colinstu
Regular Contributor

what's your CS? seems like Cap1 wants people to be having a $3k+ CL on their card first before changing it the non-AF QS. 

Their terms for the QS say $3k is the min CL one can be approved with http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/quicksilver-cash-rewards/disclosures/ 

Although I think I've seen people with less, cannot remember. 

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 6 of 7
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

I'm just done with them.  I have been meaning to do some pruing anyway and this is just the icing on the cake to inspire me to go ahead and get it done.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.