Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One APR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One APR?

Does Capital One ever offer APR reductions that are not on a promotional basis?

I've contacted them a couple times asking about APR reduction and both times they have offered a 7 month decrease, but would bounce back to my 23.15% after the promo.  I'm not looking to carry a balance, as it's PIF every month; and now that my FICO is almost 100 points higher than it was two years ago when I got the account, I'm just working on what I got.

Has anyone had success with Cap One reducing APR, or have any good strategies to get a more permanent solution?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One APR?

As your profile grows they offer decent rates on new products. My last with Cap1 was 12.9% Venture.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So my best option is to just try for another card with lower APR?

Message 3 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

They do not offer permanent reductions. Your only option is to reapply and hope for a better APR.
Message 4 of 7
JamP
Valued Contributor

Easy answer is Yes try for another card. Watch your prequals. 

I just asked on Chat and they gave me a 4% reduction for 7 months. Didn't really need it but figured I would ask since its been quite a long time since trying. Was hoping for a 0% period like Discover just gave me.

You may be able to email EO and see if they can do anything.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JamP wrote:

Easy answer is Yes try for another card. Watch your prequals. 

I just asked on Chat and they gave me a 4% reduction for 7 months. Didn't really need it but figured I would ask since its been quite a long time since trying. Was hoping for a 0% period like Discover just gave me.

You may be able to email EO and see if they can do anything.

I might just do EO route.  I'm really not into another triple pull on something that's just nice to have.  If I can't do it without another round of hard pulls, it's not at all worth it as I PIF every month.

Thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 7
shan247

I ask for a reduction and received one from CAP ONE EO! It went from %24.99 to %21.15  and it's permanent, still high but better than before.

flyhigh fico
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.