Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One ATM Accepts Credit Card Payments

tag
vV35Hszm
Contributor

Capital One ATM Accepts Credit Card Payments

I really love the Capital One ATM because I can pay my credit card bill with cash. Pretty cool, haven’t seen this anywhere else!. And check this out... their ATM will soon support Apple Pay so you won’t even need the physical card!

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One ATM

Are there cash advance fees associated with using ATM?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 28
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Dang that’s awesome. Hopefully no fees?

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 28
vV35Hszm
Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:
Are there cash advance fees associated with using ATM?

I've never taken cash off of a credit card so I couldn't tell you but the machines other wise have no fee for Capital One customers.

There's one weird catch to this... afaik only the Capitqal One ATM's located at a Capital One branch or a Capital One Cafe can take cash credit card payments.  It's my understanding that the machines in 7-11 or Target stores (or anyhwhere else) don't do this.  I am not sure why or if this will change... maybe they end up getting too much cash?

Message 4 of 28
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Cap-1 charges a fee for any "out of network" ATM meaning any ATM that is not specifically Cap-1 branded - on TOP of any fee the ATM charges.  Just be sure you are using a Cap-1 ATM for your Cap-1 account and it

Message 5 of 28
UncleB
Credit Mentor

FWIW Bank of America ATMs can do this as well... you don't even need a PIN to make a payment. 

The only caveat is that you need to have the right amount of currency (you can't get change back), and obviously coins aren't accepted.  The ATMs do have NFC enabled, but I've not tried making a payment using mobile (my BBRs aren't loaded to my mobile wallet since I would never use them to make a purchase).

I suspect the other major banks have similar functionality.

Message 6 of 28
vV35Hszm
Contributor

I would never use a credit card for cash.
Message 7 of 28
vV35Hszm
Contributor

Why would you never use Apple Pay? It’s so much more convenient and safer too. Groceries, gas, drug store, all Apple Pay only for me!
Message 8 of 28
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@vV35Hszm wrote:
Why would you never use Apple Pay? It’s so much more convenient and safer too. Groceries, gas, drug store, all Apple Pay only for me!

I'm not sure if your question was for me, but if it was I do use a mobile wallet (in my case, Samsung Pay) but my BoA cards are BBRs, and I would never use them for purchases - they are for BTs only.

Message 9 of 28
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Oh wow, I totally read OPs post wrong. I thought you were taking cash from the ATM.

Wow, that’s really neat to be able to pay CC bill at the ATM.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.