Did you mean: 

Capital One ATM Accepts Credit Card Payments

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One ATM

@vV35Hszm wrote:
Why would you never use Apple Pay? It’s so much more convenient and safer too. Groceries, gas, drug store, all Apple Pay only for me!

Because some folks dont like too, and either dont, or havent warmed up to the idea yet, and not everyone has an iphone. 

Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a response regarding the post about cap1 and atm fees. Cap1 allows use of non cap1 branded atms with no fees. Has to be allpoint network, but just wanted to clarify that point.
Message 22 of 28
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Why would anyone use cash to pay off a credit card?

I've done it when I had cash and didn't feel like going to my bank to deposit it.   Sometimes it's simply more convenient.  Usually, I pay through ACH transfer.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 23 of 28
Soelden
Established Member

Dont think I would ever need to use that service, but I do commend them for offering flexibility.  Though id wish they would offer more services relevant to me rather than opening capital one cafes lol.  

Scores 07/2020:
Message 24 of 28
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Soelden wrote:

Dont think I would ever need to use that service, but I do commend them for offering flexibility.  Though id wish they would offer more services relevant to me rather than opening capital one cafes lol.  

Though for those that like Peets coffee, Cap One cafes are great with the 50% discount

Message 25 of 28
vV35Hszm
Contributor

@Soelden wrote:

id wish they would offer more services relevant to me rather than opening capital one cafes lol.  

Like what?

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One ATM Accepts Credit Card Payments

I have not heard of plans by Capital One to have ATM’s without requiring an ATM card at its non Capital One 360 branches.  Capital One 360 has the technology already but there has not been any formal mention nor have I seen any ATM’s at regular branches with the technology.  Chase, Wells Fargo and Bank Of America however have announced plans and I am not sure what stage of completion those are at.

I would think Capital One would integrate the technology to stay competitive but they seem to be focused more on their Capital One 360 product as a seperate entity and as such I don’t know if they will spend the money to upgrade their ATM’s like the others.  We are in a cashless society and one can easily use mobile banking to pay bills and paying a credit card bill via ATM isn’t necessary.

Message 27 of 28
vV35Hszm
Contributor

Re: Capital One ATM Accepts Credit Card Payments

@Anonymous wrote:

I have not heard of plans by Capital One to have ATM’s without requiring an ATM card at its non Capital One 360 branches.

Me neither, the first I heard of it was the branch manager.  Pretty exciting!

@Anonymous wrote: We are in a cashless society and one can easily use mobile banking to pay bills and paying a credit card bill via ATM isn’t necessary.

Well it's still a pretty cool option for people who still work in cash from tax drivers to waitresses to strippers.  Smiley Wink 

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.