cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One ATM Accepts Credit Card Payments

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Capital One ATM

What I like about Capital One is they think of themselves as a technology company not a bank. I think it shows.
Message 11 of 28
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Capital One ATM

@vV35Hszm, I tweaked the subject of your thread to make it more clear that it's regarding making payments. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 28
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One ATM

Why would anyone use cash to pay off a credit card?

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom Unlimited
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Freedom • Chase United MileagePlus • UNFCU Azure
Message 13 of 28
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Capital One ATM


@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Why would anyone use cash to pay off a credit card?


If you are running close to the DD and don't want to take a chance with the payment being late.

 

That was the reason for me, anyway.

 

I actually made the payment inside, and the teller told me about the ATM capabilities.  The next time I used the ATM, and she was right, it was easy-peasy.

Message 14 of 28
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One ATM


@UncleB wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Why would anyone use cash to pay off a credit card?


If you are running close to the DD and don't want to take a chance with the payment being late.

 

That was the reason for me, anyway.

 

I actually made the payment inside, and the teller told me about the ATM capabilities.  The next time I used the ATM, and she was right, it was easy-peasy.


To each his own, I suppose.  I’ve used credit cards for 46 years and have never once paid in cash.  It’s always been by check through the mail or by electronic transfer from my checking account to the credit card issuer.  In fact, I’ve never paid in person at a teller window.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom Unlimited
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Freedom • Chase United MileagePlus • UNFCU Azure
Message 15 of 28
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Capital One ATM


@UpperNwGuy wrote:

 

To each his own, I suppose.  I’ve used credit cards for 46 years and have never once paid in cash.  It’s always been by check through the mail or by electronic transfer from my checking account to the credit card issuer.  In fact, I’ve never paid in person at a teller window.

I assume they did it because many people are paid in cash so this saves the step of them depositing it to another account then having to pay the card?  Makes sense to me.

 

Personally I just came back from Las Vegas and had a lot of cash.

Message 16 of 28
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Capital One ATM


@UpperNwGuy wrote: 
It’s always been by check through the mail

What was THAT like?  Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 28
Highlighted
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One ATM


@vV35Hszm wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote: 
It’s always been by check through the mail

What was THAT like?  Smiley Wink


That was the only way for years.  You could pay at the branch if there was one near you, but many of my cards were issued by banks with no branches within hundreds of miles.   So you paid a few days early to allowing for mailing delays.

 

And I thought nothing of it, as most other bills (mortgage, utilities etc) would be paid the same way.   Auto-pay via ACH also wasn't common.

Message 18 of 28
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Capital One ATM


@vV35Hszm wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote: 
It’s always been by check through the mail

What was THAT like?  Smiley Wink


LOL... it was amazingly effective.

 

I used to go through a book of checks each month (sometimes more). 

 

These days I write a check two or three times a year.

Message 19 of 28
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Capital One ATM


@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Why would anyone use cash to pay off a credit card?


If you are running close to the DD and don't want to take a chance with the payment being late.

 

That was the reason for me, anyway.

 

I actually made the payment inside, and the teller told me about the ATM capabilities.  The next time I used the ATM, and she was right, it was easy-peasy.


To each his own, I suppose.  I’ve used credit cards for 46 years and have never once paid in cash.  It’s always been by check through the mail or by electronic transfer from my checking account to the credit card issuer.  In fact, I’ve never paid in person at a teller window.


I didn't say it was my preferred method of payment, but in the past when I needed to make a last-minute payment and there was no time for billpay cash was always the way to go (and still would be).

 

I was pleased to have the ATM option available... much easier/faster than having to deal with a human teller, and the cutoff time is later, too.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.