Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Account Combo and CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Account Combo and CLI

I've been working hard on rebuilding my credit and have been able to go from the low-500s to almost 700 in a little less than a year (a good amount of that to paying a ton of money up front on a secured card.

Now that I have been starting to get some better offers and limits, I am hoping to take advantage of Capital One's account combo and CLI programs. I currently have two accounts with them- a quicksilverone with a 1500 limit and ventureone with a 2k limit. The 6month CLI dates on both are about two weeks apart from eachother.

My question is- is it possible to CLI both and then combine right after? Or will CapOne consider the combo a CLI and make me wait six months?

Thanks in advance for the insight!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One Account Combo and CLI

Since Capital One counts account combinations as CLIs you're right on the money on requesting CLIs on the accounts first before combining them.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick response. So does that mean that I am out of luck on doing them both? Or if I CLI first will I be able to combine without waiting another six months?
Message 3 of 5
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

You can get a CLI on both cards (if approved of course) and immediately combine if you want to. Each card is independent of each other for CLI's. But once you combine the cards you have to wait 6 months for another CLI.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Appreciate the insight
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.