Capital One Adds Transfer Partners for Miles

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One Adds Transfer Partners for Miles

@imaximous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

I only wish they announced this sooner it would have given me incentive to keep the card at least another year considering I just closed mine last month.

I had the Venture when the AF was $49 or $59, I think. Instead of closing it, I decided to PC to Savor since there was no AF. Luckily, it got grandfathered to 4% with no AF. And, I still have little use for it with CSR, Altitude Reserve (using mobile pay), or even the Uber card. 

I won't PC back to Venture even with the update -- not there yet for me, but I keep hoping it'll continue to get better, and at some point, it'll be worth applying for it again or PC. 

I believe there are people with grandfathered Venture cards from the no fee days. Now, that's a deal they're getting!

I applied for the card last year right when the AF for the Venture went up. I really only obtained the card for the SUB so once the first AF came up last month it was a no brainer to close it since I had no use for it and didn't want to transfer the limit to one of my QS cards just for them to CLD from non-use of a large limit. Figure now if the becomes useful again I'll just have the GF get the card especially with the increased SUB atm.

Message 11 of 48
Malcono
Regular Contributor

Wow the Venture is actually useful now.

Total Credit: $107,000Utilization: 1%AAoA: 2yrs, 4mthsAoOA: 3yrs, 1mthAoYA: 1yrs, 10mthsBaddies: 0

Message 12 of 48
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

I only wish they announced this sooner it would have given me incentive to keep the card at least another year considering I just closed mine last month.

I had the Venture when the AF was $49 or $59, I think. Instead of closing it, I decided to PC to Savor since there was no AF. Luckily, it got grandfathered to 4% with no AF. And, I still have little use for it with CSR, Altitude Reserve (using mobile pay), or even the Uber card. 

I won't PC back to Venture even with the update -- not there yet for me, but I keep hoping it'll continue to get better, and at some point, it'll be worth applying for it again or PC. 

I believe there are people with grandfathered Venture cards from the no fee days. Now, that's a deal they're getting!

I applied for the card last year right when the AF for the Venture went up. I really only obtained the card for the SUB so once the first AF came up last month it was a no brainer to close it since I had no use for it and didn't want to transfer the limit to one of my QS cards just for them to CLD from non-use of a large limit. Figure now if the becomes useful again I'll just have the GF get the card especially with the increased SUB atm.

Definitely, $750 is a pretty good deal to pass up. I'd probably re-apply instead of PC. My Savor is a waste of a $40K+ CL right now. I keep using it because I fear a CLD too, but it went from seeing a few $K a month in charges as Venture to a few bucks as Savor. 

Message 13 of 48
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

Definitely, $750 is a pretty good deal to pass up. I'd probably re-apply instead of PC. My Savor is a waste of a $40K+ CL right now. I keep using it because I fear a CLD too, but it went from seeing a few $K a month in charges as Venture to a few bucks as Savor. 

What's the rule for re-applying to be eligible for the SUB again? I think it's 24 months but not sure.

Message 14 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this mean every mile is worth 1.5 cents if transferred to a partner?
Message 15 of 48
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@simplynoir wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

What's the rule for re-applying to be eligible for the SUB again? I think it's 24 months but not sure.

No re-applying restrictions for subs as most i have seen they have honored less than 24 months, but the problem is getting approved with Cap1 anymore.. If you have good credit and alot of credit and more-so over 6 or so new accounts in the last year you most likely will be denied..  They are harder to get than Chase these days practically or they are.. They aren't score driven either they will approve someone with a 660 score say with only a few cards and limited credit for say 20k, but turn down a person with a 800+ score with loads of credit..  Cap1 crushes more churners dreams as of the last yearish time frame.

DOC, Reddit are littered with people denied in the high 800's, high income, etc..The very few odd post of an actual approval.  They have certainly changed from what they were a few years back

Message 16 of 48
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Does this mean every mile is worth 1.5 cents if transferred to a partner?

Yes.

Message 17 of 48
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

No re-applying restrictions for subs as most i have seen they have honored less than 24 months, but the problem is getting approved with Cap1 anymore.. If you have good credit and alot of credit and more-so over 6 or so new accounts in the last year you most likely will be denied..  They are harder to get than Chase these days practically or they are.. They aren't score driven either they will approve someone with a 660 score say with only a few cards and limited credit for say 20k, but turn down a person with a 800+ score with loads of credit..  Cap1 crushes more churners dreams as of the last yearish time frame.

DOC, Reddit are littered with people denied in the high 800's, high income, etc..The very few odd post of an actual approval.  They have certainly changed from what they were a few years back

Yeah, I've seen and understood that. My two sisters were easily approved when they got the Savor a few months ago but they don't have churning profiles which made the automatic approval easier for them. I wouldn't mind trying if it meant getting that SUB but no need when I have someone with a better profile than mine to get the card. Just didn't know CapOne's specific SUB rules.

Message 18 of 48
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

I don't think Cap One has a sub rule, but that may have changed lately after seeing so many people getting denied for cards as well.

I do know that you can only hold 2 Cap One cards max, and only 1 card approval every 6 months. 

ETA: LOL... everyone must've been typing at once. I thought this response was coming right after your question, haha.

Message 19 of 48
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

I don't think Cap One has a sub rule, but that may have changed lately after seeing so many people getting denied for cards as well.

I do know that you can only hold 2 Cap One cards max, and only 1 card approval every 6 months. 

Nah, that's either a soft or YMMV rule there. I had the Venture and two QS cards at one point so they definitely allow more than 2 prime cards. They do limit customers to 2 sub-prime cards though last time I saw.

Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.