Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Again

tag
first48
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Again

I just received a Capital One card in early September with a 500.00 limit and a 29.00 AF.  I have charged on it and paid on it more than one time per month.  I wanted a credit limit increase but of course I was denied because my account is too new.  I decided to apply for another card.  I was approved with a 500.00 limit and no AF.  Is it possible that I will be able to combine these limits?  My first card should increase by 250.00 when credit steps kicks in on the 3rd statement. 
2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Again

First, I'd suggest waiting until you pay the 3rd statement on the 2nd card. Call to request a CLI on that one, wait until they give it to you, then ask to combine. By that time, your credit steps CLI should have kicked in on card1, and you'll end up with an even higher credit line! If they cooperate. Smiley Happy

Good luck! I hope you end up with at least one 2k card out of this.

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try the search bar, it really works.  Great invention.

search: combining capital one cards

search: capital one cli

search: when to ask for a capital one cli

Message Edited by Jubeyy on 10-13-2008 02:58 PM
Message 2 of 5
first48
Frequent Contributor

I don't get it.  I do use the search engine quite a bit.  I was just wondering was there a time limit before you could combine Jubeyy. And furthermore, if you are not going to help keep your sarcasm to yourself.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, I'd suggest waiting until you pay the 3rd statement on the 2nd card. Call to request a CLI on that one, wait until they give it to you, then ask to combine. By that time, your credit steps CLI should have kicked in on card1, and you'll end up with an even higher credit line! If they cooperate. Smiley Happy

Good luck! I hope you end up with at least one 2k card out of this.

Message 4 of 5
first48
Frequent Contributor

Well, Jubeyy I would like to congratulate you on a job well done.  Thank you for the info.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.