Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One/CA Confusion

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One/CA Confusion

You might not need to dispute anything. On the CR from each CRA (2 of 3, anyway) the CRA states something like "This account is scheduled to continue on record until xx/xx/xx" . On EX (1 of the 3) it is under "status details".

....I see that Cheddar is a faster typer than I. The DOFD or DOLA dates are unimportant, so as long as the removal date is the date you agree with.
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

llecs wrote:
You might not need to dispute anything. On the CR from each CRA (2 of 3, anyway) the CRA states something like "This account is scheduled to continue on record until xx/xx/xx" . On EX (1 of the 3) it is under "status details".

....I see that Cheddar is a faster typer than I. The DOFD or DOLA dates are unimportant, so as long as the removal date is the date you agree with.

LOL...you knew one of them was EX and I knew one of them was TU...so I guess between the two of us we figured it out. Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 20
MsKmm00
Regular Contributor

Iilecs ... thanks.  I keep typing things in addition to what my question is, therefore making even me confused. I did pull the reports from the individual bureaus but they do not have the date they should drop off.  That is what I am concerned with.  I am trying to understand how the date is being determined.

I will look again, but I don't recall seeing it. 
Message 13 of 20
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I have a theory, but it isn't good for you.

Before that, though, another option to find the date is to call each CRA.
Message 14 of 20
MsKmm00
Regular Contributor

Thanks ... I just noticed Cheddar's post stated the same.  I went back in to check and didn't see the drop dates.  My Experian is through Triple Advantage.  Would that have anything to do with why I don't see it (if you know)?  Maybe it will view differently if I pull an individual report.
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

MsKmm00 wrote:
Thanks ... I just noticed Cheddar's post stated the same.  I went back in to check and didn't see the drop dates.  My Experian is through Triple Advantage.  Would that have anything to do with why I don't see it (if you know)?  Maybe it will view differently if I pull an individual report.

Yes it would.

The fields we are talking about are on reports pulled directly from the CRAs.

Message 16 of 20
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Pull directly from EX versus going through one of their service sites. The report has the same data but differently formatted. It is around $10 or you can get it for free via annualcreditreport.com once a year.

If the FICO gods are reading this, including a drop off date on the report would be a nifty idea.
Message 17 of 20
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Cheddar, my 20 words per minute are no match to your 100 WPM. I'm one of those who could never text message or instant message. I'm the one who is still trying to complete a conversation from 12 minutes ago.
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

llecs wrote:

If the FICO gods are reading this, including a drop off date on the report would be a nifty idea.

Thank you!  I have been saying this for a while now.

Especially since it's such an important piece of information, I can't imagine why it's not included on consumer versions of reports.

(Unless for some reason "they" want to make it hard for you to know that information, so it's difficult for you to tell if a TL is reporting accurately or not.  Putting on my tinfoil hat and going back to the corner now.)

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

llecs wrote:
Cheddar, my 20 words per minute are no match to your 100 WPM. I'm one of those who could never text message or instant message. I'm the one who is still trying to complete a conversation from 12 minutes ago.

HA!  I don't think I'm at 100 WPM, but I do type pretty fast.  Ten years of programming will do that.

I still can't text message to save my life, though.  My thumbs are too big or the keypad is too small or some combination of the two.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.