Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CC ??s...PLEASE HELP!!!

tag
creditgirl
Regular Contributor

Capital One CC ??s...PLEASE HELP!!!

I have a credit card account opened in 2000 with credit limit of $200 that now says closed by grantor with a new balance of $1750!  I don't know what happened or what to do about it.  Equifax shows it as charged off but the other 2 CRA don't.

What should I do to make this better on my credit score?  I definitely do not want to pay that much being that I didn't actually use that much. Anyone had any successful PFDs with them or GWs of some type?

FICO 9/1/07 FICO 9/26/07
TU--534 TU--538
EX---552 EX---562
EQ---454 EQ---454
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One CC ??s...PLEASE HELP!!!

Dispute it
Message 2 of 4
creditgirl
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the advice.  Do you have any idea why they might be listing the balance that high?  I can't see how they'd go from $200 to $1750.  This question may sound stupid but should I dispute it with the CRA or do a verification? 

Thanks again!
FICO 9/1/07 FICO 9/26/07
TU--534 TU--538
EX---552 EX---562
EQ---454 EQ---454
Message 3 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

creditgirl wrote:
Thanks for the advice.  Do you have any idea why they might be listing the balance that high?  I can't see how they'd go from $200 to $1750.  This question may sound stupid but should I dispute it with the CRA or do a verification? 

Thanks again!

Accrued interest and late fees. Smiley Happy

Dispute with the CRA.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.