Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CEO not doing CLI

tag
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One CEO not doing CLI

I also requested a CLI on an older card I have. That one was $300 for about 5 years, increased to $2k at the same time 6 months ago. I asked for $10k for that one, but only got a $1k increase to $3k. I suspect it may be because that one has a 30 day late just over 2 years ago, and some 90 day lates from a few years ago that they kindly deleted for me. It also has a low APR, 5.9%, so perhaps they don't want me carrying a balance on that card. I just tried the online chat, and managed to have it upgraded to the Quicksilver with no annual fee, so it's still a good result for a card with a dubious history that was $300 6 months ago. And $11k in extra credit from Capital One in one day for a soft pull isn't bad!

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 21 of 38
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

Good to know for future looks like one of the cards getting cancelled this fall. Oh well at least I received $2500 in cli
Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 38
lawless05
New Contributor

@LawStudentCivilis wrote:

@lawless05 wrote:

I just email EO about two days ago and the next day I got call back about my Best Buy card that open about 2 months again. It opened with a 300 limit and a 59 annual fee . I felt cheated but I had just open about 5 other cards so I let it age my two and then shot them a email stating that I have been with there company for 6 years and never missed a payment and this limit was a joke(not in those words but...) I got a call the next day  and the nice lady told me that they would return my annual fee I just paid but I would have to wait till the account was 3 months old before they could do a SP CLI and to call back on JULY 15. She said to call her back nothing about online for any thing. Might just depend on the tone of the emails and complains. Good luck all.

Hi lawless, the tone of my email was professional, thanks.

It's interesting you were told you were not allowed to do a  SP CLI, when I received one and my card was only a little over  a month old. Again, I do believe EO is trying to slowly transition out as I previously stated.  Or atleast redirect customer traffic.

Thank you. I know what its like to open nasty emails. Some people forget that CLI and no annual fee are a privilege not a right.  Plus you get more bees with honey than  with vinegar Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 38
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

I got CLI on both my cards from 500-->1000 through the automated system over the phone (the number on the back of the card). Should I have not accepted it?

Message 24 of 38
joshuapd1987
Frequent Contributor

This thread blows my mind.

I mean - it was bound to happen if people kept e-mailing/calling without going through the proper channels first...

The EO rep I had a few weeks ago was WONDERFUL... 3x Cli and miles on my card... and he said to make sure I call him back directly in 6 months for the CLI.

myjourney - If you're purusing this thread... don't you say you always go the EO route, too?

I'm scared what this means for us. The world is changing too fast...

MyFICO Scores: 720 (EX 10/05) | 718 (EQ 10/05) | 703 (TU 10/05)| | Amex Plat NPSL | Amex PRG NPSL | Amex Business Gold NPSL | Chase Sapphire Preferred 22,000 | Chase Freedom 20,000 | Walmart 15,000 | Amex Delta Reserve 12,900 | Chase Ritz 10,000 | Diner's Club Elite 10,000 | NASA Platinum Rewards 8,800 | Capital One Quicksilver 2,500
Message 25 of 38
myjourney
Super Contributor

@joshuapd1987 wrote:

I mean - it was bound to happen if people kept e-mailing/calling without going through the proper channels first...

The EO rep I had a few weeks ago was WONDERFUL... 3x Cli and miles on my card... and he said to make sure I call him back directly in 6 months for the CLI.

myjourney - If you're purusing this thread... don't you say you always go the EO route, too?

I sure do and will attempt again in a month....so I'm clearly reading this thread for hints and tips

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 26 of 38
joshuapd1987
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@joshuapd1987 wrote:

I sure do and will attempt again in a month....so I'm clearly reading this thread for hints and tips

Totally. Can you update us with how that goes and let us know if you get shot down?

MyFICO Scores: 720 (EX 10/05) | 718 (EQ 10/05) | 703 (TU 10/05)| | Amex Plat NPSL | Amex PRG NPSL | Amex Business Gold NPSL | Chase Sapphire Preferred 22,000 | Chase Freedom 20,000 | Walmart 15,000 | Amex Delta Reserve 12,900 | Chase Ritz 10,000 | Diner's Club Elite 10,000 | NASA Platinum Rewards 8,800 | Capital One Quicksilver 2,500
Message 27 of 38
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

I think this just means that Cap1 wants to get away from having to give out a CLI to anyone who gets smart enough to email the EO. They should have a policy in place and stick to it. I think they are actually implementing a decent system. I got a $5k increase from the online route after getting a $5k increase 8 months before that from the EO.

Message 28 of 38
Ron1
Super Contributor

I just requested a CLI online for my Cash Rewards Visa. It gave me 7-10 days message.  It didn't tell my account was not eligible for limit increase. Hopefully, they will give me a CLI.

Ron.

Message 29 of 38
myjourney
Super Contributor

@joshuapd1987 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@joshuapd1987 wrote:

Totally. Can you update us with how that goes and let us know if you get shot down?

You know I will Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.