Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI: Balance or no balance?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One CLI: Balance or no balance?

My third statement is set to cut next week. I've been spending 3X the limit every month by PIF weekly.  All cards will show zero balance on my reports when I'm ready to ask for a CLI except one. Should the one that I leave a small balance on be the CapOne card I'll be requesting the CLI for or should I zero it out before the statement and leave a small balance on a different card?

I know it's not going to make a huge difference either way but with CapOne being wonky lately with their CLIs, I really want to maximize this particular shot.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One CLI: Balance or no balance?

It won't matter either way.  The important thing here is that you've been putting a massive spend / PIF through the card each month which is what's going to be considered when you request the CLI.  I'd go so far as to say that given your spend pattern you could even have a fairly significant balance on the card at the time you request it and they'd take that into consideration due to your multiple/weekly payments based on that spend.  Of course, I wouldn't recommend doing that though.  Anyway, a balance anywhere from $0 to 1%-8% of the credit limit will yield you the best CLI result.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.