Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI Request Online Now - UPDATE

tag
Mzvanessa
Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI Request Online Now - UPDATE

I must say the same thing here they raise my account limit from $1500 to $2000. Shocked and amazed I must say I been stuck at $1500 for two years now.

TU: Fico 678 6-19-13 677 8/23/13
EQ: Fico 665 7-5-13 665 8/23/13
EX: Fico 681 Lender pulled 8/23/13

Message 201 of 349
liandur
Valued Member

@bluescale wrote:

@vAirGo7 wrote:

@bluescale - By reading at everyone's responds all have the date on 5/28. I have the declined letter SP on 5/28 too. What i'm trying to say is by knowing when they SP i can request CLI everytime they have new SP. Instead of request more than twice using the same SP that might have the same results. Of course you can only request every 6 month once approved.  Correct me if im wrong...

Ah...I see what you're saying.  Since I did my CLI through the EO, I didn't get a letter.

I was told by CS rep that---well it was difficult to understand him--but he was telling me every 30 days reapply. So I tried again on the 30th thinking my last SP was dated 5/28, more than 30 days had passed and my FICOs are now 30+ pts higher than then (back in mid 7's)--but they used the same one! Guess maybe I will try again in a couple months--then I am giving up! my US Bank, Discover, and CITI are much better than them! Getting tired of the run around................

Message 202 of 349
liandur
Valued Member

H

@haoniukun wrote:

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:
As data points: I applied, got 10 day message, got denied. Two reasons given: my balance is too small and my current limit for type of card is too high to permit customer initiated limit increases.
Eq fico was from may, 716. I have a no hassle rewards card that eo converted to 1.5% cash back on everything and bumped to 5k limit. I have a 140 monthly recurring charge, so largest balance when not overseas is140.

Maybe you can try make a phone call. I was also denied online. But when I made a phone call, they increased my credit limit from 750 to 1250. Though still small, better than nothing.

ow long after online denial did you call to apply by phone? was this with a regular CS rep?

Message 203 of 349
haoniukun
Established Member

@liandur wrote:

H

@haoniukun wrote:

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:
As data points: I applied, got 10 day message, got denied. Two reasons given: my balance is too small and my current limit for type of card is too high to permit customer initiated limit increases.
Eq fico was from may, 716. I have a no hassle rewards card that eo converted to 1.5% cash back on everything and bumped to 5k limit. I have a 140 monthly recurring charge, so largest balance when not overseas is140.

Maybe you can try make a phone call. I was also denied online. But when I made a phone call, they increased my credit limit from 750 to 1250. Though still small, better than nothing.

ow long after online denial did you call to apply by phone? was this with a regular CS rep?

3-4 days. I cannot remember how many days passed exactly.

But definitely less than one week.

I just called the number on the back of my card. After I talked to a regular CS rep, he redirected me back to the automated phone processing system.

There's an option to increase credit limit on the phone.

I followed the instructions to input the required information.

Then I was approved by the system automatically.

I forgot if it was me who chose the credit limit or the system did automatically.

Hope this helps

Message 204 of 349
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

Just hit the luv button got 500 CLi. Went from 750 to 1250. Not much but it's somethingSmiley Happy. How often should this button be hit?

SIlver:

Message 205 of 349
red259
Super Contributor

@Stonemanmv wrote:
Just hit the luv button got 500 CLi. Went from 750 to 1250. Not much but it's somethingSmiley Happy. How often should this button be hit?

If you get a CLI wait six months, otherwise you will be rejected for having a CLI in the past six months. If you don't get a CLI then you can try again , although I would wait 30 days.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 206 of 349
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info

SIlver:

Message 207 of 349
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I hit the luv button, expecting to get rejected on one of several grounds (insufficient use of existing credit line, too much credit etc).  However, the denial reason surprised me!

Credit Bureau Information missing or unavailable.

Then I looked more closely at the denial document.  It has an old UK address as my current address.  So I checked in my profile, and it says I had a non-US address as my statement address which is not allowed.  So I updated it.   But when I look at my past online statements, they all have the correct US address, so....

Anyway, I clicked the luv button again, now maybe I can be denied on too many requests!

Message 208 of 349
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Just hit the luv button and got the 10 day message. I hope they spend some actual time thinking about whether to give me a CLI, even a small one, considering all my FICOs are 770+ and I make waay more money than when I opened my account or any time I've told them my income since.

That stupid card's been sitting at the same limit for about 6-7 years now. I think I deserve some luv now Cap 1. 

Message 209 of 349
sleephla541
Regular Contributor

I've had my non-rewards Platinum card with Cap 1 for about 5 years and it's been where I started at, $750. I just hit the luv button and received the $500 increase that everyone else has received as well. I'm pleasantly surprised they increased it considering their history, but delightfully happy nonetheless. Thank you to all that tried it before I did! I'll try again in six months to see if I can get another increase with a SP.
TU: 752, EQ: 761, EX: 745
Message 210 of 349
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.