cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Cafe - 50% off using your Cap 1 card.

tag
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Capital One Cafe - 50% off using your Cap 1 card.

I discovered this little gem while shopping in Walnut Creek, CA. Saved 50% on my Peet's iced mocha using my Cap One Union Plus card. They have everything that a typical Starbucks would have, just a lot cheaper if you have a Cap One card. They also have Capital One "Ambassadors" there to answer financial questions for you. "Andrea" couldn't tell me why it was necessary to pull ALL THREE CRA's to attempt a CLI on my Union Plus card..  This would make an ideal location should we ever attempt a "myFICO" meet and greet/ambassador interrogation. Smiley Happy

rsz_cap_one_cafe.jpg

https://www.capitalone.com/local/sanfrancisco-walnutcreek/

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Cafe - 50% off using your Cap 1 card.

Wow I've never heard of that before. I just looked them up and it seems that there aren't that many around. Only 20 in the entire country with 13 of those in MA and CA. The nearst one to me is over 100 miles away. Awesome idea, just wish there were more of them around. I'd use them quite often. 

Message 2 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Now if they had a Discover cafe, i m sure my Disco fam would make a trip lolSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 10
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Now if they had a Discover cafe, i m sure my Disco fam would make a trip lolSmiley Wink

That would be great! 50% off and 5% cash back Smiley Tongue  They could partner with Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf and hopefully have more than 20 locations in the entire country!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went to a Capital One Cafe in Virginia, near their HQ before I moved a few months ago. It was quieter than Starbucks and a good place to catch up on work emails. The employees there are contractors, NOT actual Cap 1 CSRs, so they couldn't answer my questions about combining cards. They were primarily there to help customers sign up for new credit cards and to assist with the ATM there.
Message 6 of 10
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I went to a Capital One Cafe in Virginia, near their HQ before I moved a few months ago. It was quieter than Starbucks and a good place to catch up on work emails. The employees there are contractors, NOT actual Cap 1 CSRs, so they couldn't answer my questions about combining cards. They were primarily there to help customers sign up for new credit cards and to assist with the ATM there.

J/c, is the Cap1 Cafe that you had visited earlier in VA near their headquarters hopefully still open for business atm?  If so I might be interested in paying them a visit sometime Smiley Happy  (The only reason I inquire is b/c the only Cap1 Cafe they currently appear to be listing on their website as in VA looks like it's in Richmond?)

Message 7 of 10
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds like their regular CSRs to me! Smiley Wink

(No personal experience, but I hear a common Cap1 CSR script line, when faced with any problem, is to suggest opening a new account.)

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 8 of 10
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

I actually saw this in a recent trip to Boston! Didn't have the time to go there though, and was unaware of such a fantastic discount. I don't have a C1 card though and wouldn't get one just for this benefit Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow I've never heard of that before. I just looked them up and it seems that there aren't that many around. Only 20 in the entire country with 13 of those in MA and CA. The nearst one to me is over 100 miles away. Awesome idea, just wish there were more of them around. I'd use them quite often. 

Lol good to know. I'm in MA.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.