Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Card Finder Tool Approval Accuracy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Card Finder Tool Approval Accuracy

Hi, I've been lurking around this forum for two weeks now and have yet to come access a question that hasn't been answered. I now have a dilemma, I'm in the market for a travel rewards card and I filled out the capital one card finder tool and saw I have a pre-qualify offer for the QS rewards, and scrolling down it says "we also suggest" the venture rewards. Two questions, is the we also suggest just advertising and not a pre qualify offer, and what tends to be the accuracy/approval rate of those pre qualified, I know there aren't any guarantees but I'd like to gamble smartly my HP
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Card Finder Tool Approval Accuracy

The Capital One card finder or preqaulification is known to be highly accurate and you can apply with confidence.  You should see a single APR, not a range, whether or not it's "suggested" or "recommended".

Message 2 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@AriaIzadi wrote:
Hi, I've been lurking around this forum for two weeks now and have yet to come access a question that hasn't been answered. I now have a dilemma, I'm in the market for a travel rewards card and I filled out the capital one card finder tool and saw I have a pre-qualify offer for the QS rewards, and scrolling down it says "we also suggest" the venture rewards. Two questions, is the we also suggest just advertising and not a pre qualify offer, and what tends to be the accuracy/approval rate of those pre qualified, I know there aren't any guarantees but I'd like to gamble smartly my HP

1. Cap One's prequalify is valid. It's not a guarantee but you are likely to be approved unless your score has dropped.

2. The "we also suggest" is just advertising, but that doesn't mean you won't get it. Most Cap One cards are obtained without prequalification.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies, just applied and was approved for 18k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.