Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Card

tag
Legally_Speaking2512
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Card

Hi Guys/Gals, 

I have a Capital One Quicksilver Rewards card, Capital One Walmart card, and a Capital One Menards card. I tried the pre-qualification tool for Capital One and it said I was pre-qual'd for either the Capital One Platinum card or the Quicksilver One Rewards card.

I have the Quicksilver One Rewards card I have now is not the one with the 0% introductory APR and the one that was offered to me is not the card with the 0% introductory APR eithercard with the 0% introductory APR either. 

My question is can I have two Capital One cards that are exactly the same? I looked on the website under my login and it said I didn't have any offers in terms of upgrading Mike Quicksilver One card I already have. 

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 643
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Card

@Legally_Speaking2512 wrote:

Hi Guys/Gals, 

I have a Capital One Quicksilver Rewards card, Capital One Walmart card, and a Capital One Menards card. I tried the pre-qualification tool for Capital One and it said I was pre-qual'd for either the Capital One Platinum card or the Quicksilver One Rewards card.

I have the Quicksilver One Rewards card I have now is not the one with the 0% introductory APR and the one that was offered to me is not the card with the 0% introductory APR eithercard with the 0% introductory APR either. 

My question is can I have two Capital One cards that are exactly the same? I looked on the website under my login and it said I didn't have any offers in terms of upgrading Mike Quicksilver One card I already have

Can you clarify which QS account or product you actually have?  Your signature only displays the QS stock photo.

Though, the question would be, why would you want 2 of the same card types, especially if no current upgrades/PCs are available online. You can always call them in the event something may be available in their system if the online portal has no current offers.

Have you considered branching out from Capital One for other rewards products?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

The Quicksilver One is often considered a trap, because Cap1 is very reluctant to upgrade it to a card with no AF. On the other hand, it's usually fairly easy to upgrade the Platinum to a Quicksilver (with no AF), after 6 months or so.

But I agree with @FinStar that you might want to consider another card/lender.

Message 3 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I used to call the QS1 the brick. Just sits there. I had one in the beginning of my post BK rebuild. Its a bucket card. Wont grow and isnt worth 3 HP's when you already have one. Pass. Dont know your file. But might be Disco time.

Message 4 of 7
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

I used to call the QS1 the brick. Just sits there. I had one in the beginning of my post BK rebuild. Its a bucket card. Wont grow and isnt worth 3 HP's when you already have one. Pass. Dont know your file. But might be Disco time.

Exactly. I don't hate cap 1 but they aren't worth 3 hp's after the first card you get. Too many other good options out there now days once you start rebuilding 

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $40,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000/WELLS FARGO AUTOGRAPH $8200 CL /

SOCK DRAWERED/ FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700
Message 5 of 7
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

I would argue while the three hard pull thing is annoying, for folks only needing/wanting/desiring a few credit cards, taking the hit for three HPs on a CapOne credit card application is pretty much irrelevant.  Relative to the OP's initial post, I see zero benefit to getting yet another CapOne card, much less a second Quicksilver card; time to branch out to other financial institutions.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 6 of 7
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

Thankful I was able to CLI and PC my QS1 over to V1 to get rid of the AF.  I guess I wasn't bucketed as bad as some despite being just the second and first unsecured card in my rebuild.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
April 2024 FICO 8:
April 2024 FICO 9:
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.