cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Cash Rewards -> Upgrade to Quick Silver Success

tag
MyScore007

Capital One Cash Rewards -> Upgrade to Quick Silver Success

Your results may vary but talked to an executive rep and without even asking she reviewed and upgraded my 1% cash back CapOne Rewards (Green Card) to Quick Silver (1.5% CB and Zero Anual fee) for free.

CC# doesn't change and I will have new card in ~1 week. Once activated, new card will work old won't but easy quick perk.

You may want to call a rep and see if this works for you.

Also love the fact that Cap1 will do a soft inquiry.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Cash Rewards -> Upgrade to Quick Silver Success

@MyScore007 wrote:

Your results may vary but talked to an executive rep and without even asking she reviewed and upgraded my 1% cash back CapOne Rewards (Green Card) to Quick Silver (1.5% CB and Zero Anual fee) for free.

CC# doesn't change and I will have new card in ~1 week. Once activated, new card will work old won't but easy quick perk.

You may want to call a rep and see if this works for you.

Also love the fact that Cap1 will do a soft inquiry.

Congarts on a great card

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
Irisa
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the upgrade!

Message 3 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats !

I just did the same upgrade and got my card on Monday. Everything stayed the same.

Message 4 of 9
CinReds

Should I try this?  I just have the regular platinum. 

Message 5 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

I have the regular platinum no annual fee went on facebook. I  told them I wanted to use them as my go to card but had other cards with rewards. I asked them when if ever I could get an offer. They told me they would expedite to EO  I called last friday they called yesterday it took 5 minutes.I now have quicksilver  Mastercard no anual fee.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 9
MyScore007

Thanks All! I should have mentioned I actually applied for the QuickSilver but got denied and a letter in the mail said too many accouts with cap1 ( I only have two active).

I actually called for a different reason to get my CLI on CapOne Rewards bumped up.

By writing to the "CEO" I was able to talk to an Executive Rep who doubled my limit on my CashRewards literlly overnight and she pointed out and upgraded the cap rewards to quicksilver. I get no annual fee and 1.5% so win-win.

Nice right?

Message 7 of 9
watsmyscore

@coldnmn wrote:

I have the regular platinum no annual fee went on facebook. I  told them I wanted to use them as my go to card but had other cards with rewards. I asked them when if ever I could get an offer. They told me they would expedite to EO  I called last friday they called yesterday it took 5 minutes.I now have quicksilver  Mastercard no anual fee.

Was your platinum a mastercard too? and Also did your number change? 

Message 8 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Yes it is a platinum just approved yesturday card will be here in 7 to 10 days 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.