Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Combination Confusion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Combination Confusion

Hi guys, Fico snob here Smiley Tongue

I am confused and receiving conflicting information through threads. My pal UncleB, and baller4life stated that when combining a Venture to a QS, the points convert to cash. Example, 50,000 miles would go to $500. Whereas, others state that you must use the rewards before combination or lose them.

Please let me know what is what as I plan to combine my Venture to my QS and apply for another Venture. My goals are small.

Me just rambling, disregard any further writing

• I want to obtain 25k-30k QS and 25-30k Venture. I am not as ambitious as those with 30-50k CL. Maybe when I make 500k a year and can actually spend that much I will aim for that. As of now, 25-30 is great.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Combination Confusion

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys, Fico snob here Smiley Tongue

I am confused and receiving conflicting information through threads. My pal UncleB, and baller4life stated that when combining a Venture to a QS, the points convert to cash. Example, 50,000 miles would go to $500. Whereas, others state that you must use the rewards before combination or lose them.

Please let me know what is what as I plan to combine my Venture to my QS and apply for another Venture. My goals are small.

Me just rambling, disregard any further writing

• I want to obtain 25k-30k QS and 25-30k Venture. I am not as ambitious as those with 30-50k CL. Maybe when I make 500k a year and can actually spend that much I will aim for that. As of now, 25-30 is great.

Your miles convert from miles to cash if you do a PRODUCT CHANGE (Venture to QS, V1 to QS)

Any miles or cash rewards you have on the card you CLOSE for an ACCOUNT COMBINATION are FORFIETED - make sure that all of the rewards on the donor card have been redeemed prior to combination.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have seen miles converted to cash after doing a recent product change, BUT when combining accounts there was a big disclaimer stating any rewards would be lost upon combination from the account being closed

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

As others have stated, you will not be able to carry the miles from your Venture over to QS when using the account combination. I lost about 500 miles from my Venture when I converted Venture ---> QS combination. Not a big deal for me as I wanted to keep the QS and a no AF card. Good luck.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.