cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Card Restricted for 90 days after missing 6 payments.

tag
abelbarraza3
Valued Member

Capital One Credit Card Restricted for 90 days after missing 6 payments.

Hello,

New to this form so forgive me if I placed this in the wrong area. I let my Capital One Quicksilver Credit Card go 5 months past due and attempted to make a $100 payment  that was bounced. So I am 6 months past due. I set up a payment arrangment to make a couple payment over the next months. I decided later that week that I am actually able to bring the account to current and not past due. The card has a credit line limit of $2,000 and was over the limit at $2,380. I made a $650 payment and was informed after that I would not be able to use the card until 3 consecuive payments each over 3 months were made and the card was restricted. Has anyone found a way to get around this? I am willing to pay the entire card off if I am able to start charging the card imeditalty as i plan on using this card as my main card to get billing on for all my services. The rep said she cant gurantee theyll remove the 3 month restriction if the card is paid in full. Has anyone ever had luck gets the restriction removed earlier?

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Credit Card Restricted for 90 days after missing 6 payments.

With all the negatives that's happened with your account, just be glad it's restricted.  On that note, I don't think I'd push the issue and try to find a work-around.  Three months is not that long vs. closed and cut-off permanently. Seriously, all the best in keeping your card.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 38
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@abelbarraza3 wrote:

Hello,

New to this form so forgive me if I placed this in the wrong area. I let my Capital One Quicksilver Credit Card go 5 months past due and attempted to make a $100 payment  that was bounced. So I am 6 months past due. I set up a payment arrangment to make a couple payment over the next months. I decided later that week that I am actually able to bring the account to current and not past due. The card has a credit line limit of $2,000 and was over the limit at $2,380. I made a $650 payment and was informed after that I would not be able to use the card until 3 consecuive payments each over 3 months were made and the card was restricted. Has anyone found a way to get around this? I am willing to pay the entire card off if I am able to start charging the card imeditalty as i plan on using this card as my main card to get billing on for all my services. The rep said she cant gurantee theyll remove the 3 month restriction if the card is paid in full. Has anyone ever had luck gets the restriction removed earlier?

Hi and welcome to MyFICO

First, please realize that you are extremely fortunate that your card wasn’t shut down. Second, also be aware that AA can still happen even after paid off. So my suggestion is don’t poke the bear and play Cap1’s game until the restriction is lifted. 

Finally, when/if the restriction is lifted, no more late payments and no more bounced checks because there won’t be a second chance. 

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 38
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

Dose not sound promising to me, sorry mate.

Message 4 of 38
NRB525
Super Contributor

What was the sequence of events leading to missing payments for 5 months? I suggest honestly discussing that as a first step.

And I agree, follow Capital Ones’ offer to make payments for three months to get the account unrestricted.

Your credit score is probably not doing so well right now. Have you checked that?
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 38
abelbarraza3
Valued Member

honestly I was just being a moron. Current credit score is around 520s last time I checked this week. She said a SUP could potentialy remove the restrictions but can't promise it so I am wondering if somone else has had luck getiting the restriction removed earlier.....if so then I don't mind paying the entire balance if i could use it sooner.

Message 6 of 38
gjean78
Regular Contributor

@abelbarraza3 wrote:

honestly I was just being a moron. Current credit score is around 520s last time I checked this week. She said a SUP could potentialy remove the restrictions but can't promise it so I am wondering if somone else has had luck getiting the restriction removed earlier.....if so then I don't mind paying the entire balance if i could use it sooner.

you messed up big time, be happy the account still open they didn't charge it off. what you mean you were being a moron? that sounds really irresponsible to me. missing payment is one thing you don't wanna do in the credit game, atleast u shoulda make the minimum payment every months. your credit score is at 520 which is pretty low if you let this account close u ain't gonna be able to get any other unsecured card with that score. I'd would advice u to get your everything situated then build your score from there.

Message 7 of 38
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Hopefully the outcome will be positive.  
My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 8 of 38
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Just let it play through and keep making payments. DO NOT attract anymore unwanted attention by escalating your case to a Supervisor or EO that could potentially get your acct closed for good!
Best of Luck to you OP!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 9 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most likely you just beat the cutoff to have this card shut down and go to collections.

There is no workaround. Capital One is generally a fully automated lender. Their systems run all decisions. There are no overrides or recon's. Sorry you got bad info. Wait the three months.

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.