cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Card Restricted for 90 days after missing 6 payments.

longtimelurker
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One Credit Card Restricted for 90 days after missing 6 payments.

@CreditInspired wrote:

Congrats OP on the restriction removal!!!!!!!

I'm sure you learned a valuable lesson. So no more lates--okey, doke? 😁

Well....!   5 months late, bounced payment (making it 6 months late).  Consequences?   Pay off and card is restored.   OK, so obviously scores take a huge hit but as for lessons learned. .  It could be, "things can be fixed easily!"

Often here we see posts of "issuer did terrible things for no reason" and eventually more details emerge explaining the real reason.   Here is the opposite, things work out well for "no reason".   So I am waiting for the OP to recall that he/she is related to the CEO!

Message 31 of 32
Caprisun987
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Credit Card Restricted for 90 days after missing 6 payments.

I am glad you got to keep the line open. This is the first case I have ever seen of anything like this happening so thanks for sharing. Those lates are going to sting for quite a while. All you can do is continue making on time payments. I read that you lost your other two cards with comenity and I am sorry to hear that. As others have said be incredibly careful with bounced payments. Whether its for credit cards or a checking account, financial institutions look unfavorably upon bounced checks/payments. 

You will be able to bounce back from this one, just keep making on time payments. Your next card might be a secured card (Discover is a good choice) but that is months down the road.

Good luck, I know these are tough times for a lot of people. 

Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.