cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Card Restricted??

tag
LUGGER1966

Capital One Credit Card Restricted??

I had a capital one card that was restricted some time ago for some late payments, but it has since been paid off 4 months ago.  I assumed they would eventually just close it since I cannot use it but they haven't.  Today I noticed they charge me the yearly fee for the card ?? How can they charge me for a card I cannot use cause its restricted.  Does anyone know a number that I can call to get the restriction lifted off this card??

Thank YOU,

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Credit Card Restricted??

Give Capital One a call and tell them that your account is restricted and make a note that you have made on time payments since the restriction of your account.  Your account is restricted and not closed so they can still charge you the annual fee.  If they don't remove the restriction, I would just close the account.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 17
LUGGER1966

If I close the account won't that make my score drop?

Message 3 of 17
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

@LUGGER1966 wrote:

If I close the account won't that make my score drop?

No unless it'll offset and make your total untization across all cards higher.

Message 4 of 17
budwiser
Contributor

I would just call Capital One, ask them nicely to waive the AF. Let them know that you have been making your payments on time. You want to continue to do so and build a relationship with them. Worst case they say they can't help you.  Then ask to split the difference Ask them to cut the AF in half. That should work. If not, contact the EO..

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@budwiser wrote:

I would just call Capital One, ask them nicely to waive the AF. Let them know that you have been making your payments on time. You want to continue to do so and build a relationship with them. Worst case they say they can't help you.  Then ask to split the difference Ask them to cut the AF in half. That should work. If not, contact the EO..

^^^ +1

Message 6 of 17
LUGGER1966

Well I tried to call them and they said NO there is nothing they can do once the account is restricted nor would they waive the AF so I closed the account. I refuse to pay an annual fee when I can't use the card..GOODBYE CAPITAL ONE!!

Message 7 of 17
LUGGER1966

I was trying to raise my credit score since it is low andI only have one other account plus I am authoirzed user on my wifes awesome credit card account..I just don't have enough open accounts, but after time hoping my score will raise and I can apply for other accounts.  Hoping this closing doesn't drop my score too much

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

go reapply for cap1 lol
Message 9 of 17
LUGGER1966

I did and was denied..Screw them

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.