Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Limits by Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Credit Limits by Card

any update for new cards? changes to the old cards?

i'm thinking about my platinum @ 3K (with 5K limit, so they tell me at their call center) to see if its worth it to get up to 5K and do a PC to ventureone.......at least that's what they told me i could do in a couple of months (1.5 yr old card but only used 4 different months so far)............or should i just SD it and move on?

Message 11 of 22
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@grneydangl wrote:

@unknown_entity wrote:
Yeah, it don't say that Mommy and Daddy Warbucks probably has to co-app for that much.  lol.  But there are some people out there who are 750+ FICO by the time they are 18 years old.

Or HAD 750+ FICO before they turned 18 and got a capital one Smiley Wink

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 22
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@poet wrote:

Dang, just got turned down for the No Hassles Miles, despite having "good" credit. Probably too much new activity too close together. Just got new car and two small card CLIs AND a new store card. I'm gonna cool it for a while. Maybe after the first of the year?... Just trying to ditch the starter cards for one good travel card.

Capital One is not going to give you good cards for a long time. They don't want you off the starter cards, they like AF's.  Other prime lenders are more likely to help you first before CapOne will. I got a 6k AMEX blue, and they will give me a CLI before CapOne will even though I have had my oldest capOne  card for over 3 years now with a 2k limit and never late pushed a lot of money through it as well making them quite a bit of money in the process.  

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 13 of 22
lanc
Regular Contributor

I got a Cap1 No Hassle Cash rewards card in 3/2010 with a 5k limit.  They won't do a CLI but it looks higher than the 3k listed.

Message 14 of 22
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Sweet! I am now switching my goal of acquiring Chase Freedom to the Cap1 Student card with $20KCL!

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 15 of 22
p-
Valued Contributor

@unknown_entity wrote:
Here is a list of Capital One Credit Limits for each card that I came across.  Those looking for CLI's you can see the max allowed on your card.

Capital One® No Hassle Cash Rewards - Execellent Credit - Credit Limit: $500-$15,000
Capital One® No Hassle Miles Rewards - Excellent Credit - Credit Limit: $500-$20,000
Capital One® No Hassle Points Rewards - Excellent Credit - Credit Limit: $500-$15,000
Capital One® Platinum Plus - Credit Limit: $500-$20,000
Capital One® No Hassle CashSM Rewards - Above Average Credit - Credit Limit: $500-$10,000
Capital One® No Hassle Miles Rewards - Above Average Credit - Credit Limit: $500-$15,000
Capital One® Platinum - Above Average Credit - Credit Limit: $500-$15,000
Capital One® No Hassle Cash Rewards - Credit Limit: $300-$3,000
Capital One® No Hassle Points Rewards - Credit Limit: $300-$3,000
Capital One® Standard Platinum - Credit Limit: $300-$3,000
Capital One® Classic Platinum - Credit Limit: $300-$3,000
Capital One® Platinum - (Credit needs improvement or limited credit) - Credit Limit: $300-$3,000
Capital One® Platinum Max - Credit Limit: $300-$2,500
Capital One® No Hassle Cash for Students - Credit Limit: $300-$3,000
Capital One® Platinum for Students - Credit Limit: $300-$3,000
Capital One® No Hassle Miles for Students - Credit Limit: $500-$20,000

I have a "platinum" and recently got a CLI from 3k to 3500.  Does this mean they consider me "Above Average" now?  I assume the two highlighted cards are the same card, just different parameters based on credit.  If that's the case, should I hit them up every 6 months for a CLI until I hit 15k?

Message 16 of 22
dmbtay
Regular Contributor

We have two cards that I "think" you didnt list.

Ventures Signature - my limit is $5k

World Mastercard - Limit $10k

Not sure if they fall under the umbrella of your list, but thought I'd share Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 22
ew0506
Established Member

"Unknown", I'm just curious, how did you come across that information for the credit limits? LOL, or should I just not ask...

I called Capital One and asked about my Platinum Mastercard to see if they had a "fixed" cap on credit limit at $3,000, but of course they said 'no'. Not sure whether to believe that or not, I would rather think they just don't give you the whole truth and divulge that information.

Would that be a correct state ment you think?

Message 18 of 22
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@ew0506 wrote:

"Unknown", I'm just curious, how did you come across that information for the credit limits? LOL, or should I just not ask...

I called Capital One and asked about my Platinum Mastercard to see if they had a "fixed" cap on credit limit at $3,000, but of course they said 'no'. Not sure whether to believe that or not, I would rather think they just don't give you the whole truth and divulge that information.

Would that be a correct state ment you think?

Hi there.

That member has not been back online in almost 4 years.

Message 19 of 22
ew0506
Established Member

Yeah, I just thought maybe he would get the email or something, but I guess my hunch was wrong...LOL

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.