Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Limits by Card

tag
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Capital One Credit Limits by Card

Here is a list of Capital One Credit Limits for each card that I came across.  Those looking for CLI's you can see the max allowed on your card.

Capital One® No Hassle Cash Rewards - Execellent Credit - Credit Limit: $500-$15,000
Capital One® No Hassle Miles Rewards - Excellent Credit - Credit Limit: $500-$20,000
Capital One® No Hassle Points Rewards - Excellent Credit - Credit Limit: $500-$15,000
Capital One® Platinum Plus - Credit Limit: $500-$20,000
Capital One® No Hassle CashSM Rewards - Above Average Credit - Credit Limit: $500-$10,000
Capital One® No Hassle Miles Rewards - Above Average Credit - Credit Limit: $500-$15,000
Capital One® Platinum - Above Average Credit - Credit Limit: $500-$15,000
Capital One® No Hassle Cash Rewards - Credit Limit: $300-$3,000
Capital One® No Hassle Points Rewards - Credit Limit: $300-$3,000
Capital One® Standard Platinum - Credit Limit: $300-$3,000
Capital One® Classic Platinum - Credit Limit: $300-$3,000
Capital One® Platinum - (Credit needs improvement or limited credit) - Credit Limit: $300-$3,000
Capital One® Platinum Max - Credit Limit: $300-$2,500
Capital One® No Hassle Cash for Students - Credit Limit: $300-$3,000
Capital One® Platinum for Students - Credit Limit: $300-$3,000
Capital One® No Hassle Miles for Students - Credit Limit: $500-$20,000
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Credit Limits by Card

Wierd how the student card allows the most limit Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 22
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Yeah, it don't say that Mommy and Daddy Warbucks probably has to co-app for that much.  lol.  But there are some people out there who are 750+ FICO by the time they are 18 years old.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my first credit cards as a student in the early late 80s and early 90s citi bank cards and discover cards that, in six years went from a few hundred to $7500.00 each.  I certainly wish I had the credit profile to still have those things in my pocket!  Included in bankruptcy in 03 or I do not see why each would not have at least a $20,000.00 Credit limit.  ANY STUDENTS OUT THERE PAY ATTENTION.. IF YOU GET YOUR CARDS TAKE CARE OF THEM!

When Cap 1 was giving out CLIs a few weeks ago, the reps I spoke to insisted there were not ceilings on the cards.  I do not think they were lying; they genuinely seemed to not know what I was talking about last week, I spoke with someone else who confirmed what you have posted.  My card has a $3000.00 max limit.  Great post UE!

Message Edited by RecoveringMyLife on 04-11-2008 04:13 PM
Message 4 of 22
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Thanks...Knowledge is power.  Cap One wants you to keep and use those lower tier cards.  I would keep them open and apply for the "above average credit" tier cards and then use them.  One has to start somewhere, you just don't have to remain at the starting line...lol.  Even if it re-ages your scores, sometimes an upgrade to a better CL and APR can offset and/or compensate for any score drop.  IMHO.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 5 of 22
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

unknown_entity wrote:
Yeah, it don't say that Mommy and Daddy Warbucks probably has to co-app for that much.  lol.  But there are some people out there who are 750+ FICO by the time they are 18 years old.

Or HAD 750+ FICO before they turned 18 and got a capital one Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, the highest CL CapOne offers is $20K?

I thought they were a major player and would offer at least card with something higher.
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow, the highest CL CapOne offers is $20K?

I thought they were a major player and would offer at least card with something higher.

CapOne has a card with $30k max CL, the Professional Ultra is one of them.  Now getting the max CL is another thing altogether.  I have the Pro Ultra, but only a $3k CL.
Message 8 of 22
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
CapOne has a card with $30k max CL, the Professional Ultra is one of them.  Now getting the max CL is another thing altogether.  I have the Pro Ultra, but only a $3k CL.

You're our Ultra Pro here...worth more than 3k too!!!  Smiley Very Happy

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 22
poet
Regular Contributor

Dang, just got turned down for the No Hassles Miles, despite having "good" credit. Probably too much new activity too close together. Just got new car and two small card CLIs AND a new store card. I'm gonna cool it for a while. Maybe after the first of the year?... Just trying to ditch the starter cards for one good travel card.

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 673 EQ, 681 TU, 650 EX
Goal Score: 720

Update April 1: TU 615/EQ624
Update June 28: TU 641/EQ 626
Update Sept 21: TU 681, EQ 673, EX 650 (FAKO)
I FINALLY got that car at the rate I wanted! Thanks, FICO Forums!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.