cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Steps Limit Increase Amounts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Credit Steps Limit Increase Amounts?

Happy Friday!  

Does anyone know if the Capital One credit steps limit increases are set amounts?  I have a QS1 card that started last June with a $300 limit.  A couple of months later there was an auto increase to $400.  In December, there was an auto increase to $750.  My next increase is coming up and although the representative I spoke with a few nights ago couldn't speculate what the next credit limit amount may be, I'm sure you lovely people can assist.  I'm hoping it goes to at least $1,000.  Fingers crossed for another month or so.

BTW, I just PCd a Capital One Platinum that was opened in January with a $300 limit to a Quicksilver (same limit).  I was hoping that was a good sign that I'm still on the right track, plugging along to better credit.

5 REPLIES 5
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital One Credit Steps Limit Increase Amounts?

Credit steps is only a single increase after making 5 on time payments. You're beyond that.

Message 2 of 6
601flyguy
Established Contributor

OP, did someone tell you you would receive another steps increase? It is usually one increase but can be multiple "steps". I received 2 steps increases each 5 months apart. I did not believe it could be multiple steps because no DP here. I believe the 2nd cli was dependant on spend and how you handle the account.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah!  Thank you both for your replies.  I was under the impression it was more than 1 step and each step was a set CLI amount.  The account has been pristine since it's opening.  I was just thinking it should be higher increases each time they come.  

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a Cap One Platinum in January 2018 with a $300 SL. I requested an upgrade to Quicksilver in May 2018, was approved. A week after that I requested a CLI, was approved to $400. In June 2018 I got my auto CLI to $750. I only use my card for gas a couple times a month and pay off in full.
Message 5 of 6
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

It sounds like your December CLI to $750 was your steps increase. You are potential eligible for a CLI every 6 months. 

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.